TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Question I fear my relatives - October 17th 2011, 04:24 PM

Yes, its' true. I fear my relatives.
I fear my mother, my father, my grandmother, my grandfather and my aunt (my father's sister).
I don't fear my sister, my mother's sister and her children, because they're so lovely and nice with everyone.
I can't speak to my parents, because I know they'll get me wrong or think I'm wrong (this always happens).
I can't talk to my parents about my problems because they think I've got no right to complain because I have everything.
I can't tell my parents that they don't support me, because they'll tell me I am wrong and then tell me that they don't think I'm always wrong.

I fear my aunt because she's always ready to judge and I can't imagine what would happen if my dad/mom told her that I cut.

I fear my grandmother because probably she would disinherit me if she figures out that I cut (if she hasn't done it when she figured out that I don't believe in god). I fear my grandfather because he would probably beat me up if my grandma told him that I cut.

I don't know what to do. I have friends but I need a supportive family too, not a family that is only ready to punish me when I make a mistake.
Anyone shares this experience? Anyone has advice for me? I need someone to help me get out of this fear. It's quite hard to live with people that you fear to death!

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I fear my relatives - October 19th 2011, 03:16 AM

Unfortunately, if the fears are justified, there isn't really a way to "get over" them. All you can do is find ways to cope with those fears - and the first idea that comes to mind is to find people you CAN talk to. We can't change our family members, but we can change how much (or how little) we interact with them, and (hopefully) how much (or how little) they affect our lives as well.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
sasuketwin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: matt

October 19th 2011, 03:41 AM

honestly when a family is like that it usually stems from background and past experience but if you fear them that much then you should find a freind that understands you and vent cause just letting it out will help but if u cant find one ill listen cause you sound in pain from wat i can tell

and yes ive had the same experience but my parents gave me up and left so i dealt with it and ended up bi-polar

Last edited by PSY; October 19th 2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

Closed Thread