TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mangoe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My best friend and I. - March 22nd 2009, 04:36 AM

My "best friend" and I haven't talked since January... that's about 3 months. No real reason, we had just gotten into a lot of arguments. She had told me she was jealous of me in many ways. And when girls are jealous... they just hate & hate & hate and look for bad qualities about you. So we eventually stopped talking and drifted apart.

I miss her so much. We've had our ups and downs but we've had a lot of good times which I miss. But she's replaced me with a new bestfriend and a ton of other new friends.

I don't know I'm thinking of calling her but I'm scared. Mainly of rejection. She might be like "ok....?" She may hang up on me. She might tell me she's better off without me now that she's made a lot of new friends.

And if I call her, it won't be the same. We're not best friends anymore and it might just be awkward. But I can't cope with this, I told her EVERYTHING and now I have no one. Yes I have other friends, but she was my BEST. We had the most in common and she lives very close to me.

Please help me with this sitch

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Re: My best friend and I. - March 22nd 2009, 04:58 AM

I know for you teens friends mean everything to you so I can see how this is hard. Sad, but true, as you go through your teen years your personality will change and sometimes that will mean leaving your group of friends for others. To be honest though, this is part of life. I've had some close friends but then we go our separate ways in life and sometimes we run across each other and sometimes we don't. These are even people that I've shared a lot with. Maybe asking her to hang out some time and see how she reacts to that will help give you an idea of where she's at in your friendship. It may come down to having your own group of friends and being friends with her not as much as before.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

(#3 (permalink)) Old
samedifference Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My best friend and I. - March 22nd 2009, 09:53 AM

I feel for you. I've also lost contact with my best friend but because of her boyfriend. It's really really hard but if she has moved on, you should try too. As pastor_of_youth said, we are in our teen years and as we grow up, friends and groups do tend to drift apart.
I think that ringing her could be a good idea but wouldn't it be better to talk to her face to face? Maybe text her or something first asking if she wants to meet up or if she has a moment to talk and catch up and take if from there. Good luck hun and I really hope it gets sorted x

Remember those walls I built?
Well baby they're tumbling down...
and they didn't even put up a fight,
they didn't even make a sound...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My best friend and I. - March 22nd 2009, 04:23 PM

Call her, I'm sure she's feeling the same way as you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
mangoe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My best friend and I. - March 22nd 2009, 06:55 PM

pastor_of_youth & samedifference:

thanks for the help. It is just so hard to move on. It's hard to find another best friend ya know? It takes time and she's reunited with her old best friend that she got in a big fight with and stopped talking to back when we were best friends. I have another good friend, but she has the most STRICT parents ever. It's hard to be best friends with someone whose parents don't allow them to do anything.

wtp, I can only wonder. I've seen her grow apart from her old best friend, and she never talked aboout her or said "hm I should talk to her blablabla" and now that we're not friends anymore, they are. I just don't know. I keep saying to myself I'll call her, it'll be easy but then at the last minute it's just so hard. I'm scared :B

I do know one thing though
Bitches they come they go
Saturday through Sunday Monday
Monday through Sunday, Yo

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Re: My best friend and I. - March 22nd 2009, 07:02 PM

Ok, a few things here. She went back to her old best friend. Don't be surprised if the best friend who left you does come back because friends bounce around a lot. I'm not saying she will come back but only time will tell. The other thing that concerns me is your friend with strict parents. I've heard of this and it's not good. If her parents don't loosen up then once she's out on her own she's going to go crazy because she doesn't know how to handle freedom. If you want more advice PM me or samedifference or someone else you trust on here.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

(#7 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My best friend and I. - March 24th 2009, 09:33 PM

i think you should call and talk to her,
i was in a similer situation except we fell out cos she just never came out with us anymore bofriends were more important but she expected us there when it suited her,
i think shes begun to realise her friends are important and altho we're not like best best friends anymore (it was longer than 3 months) we're working things out and its tough cos everyone changes but in my mind i though we been friends 17 years i cant throw that away this girl will probably always be a part of my life in someway just not as my closest friend

im just so tired of being here
suppresed by all my childish fears

these wounds wont seem to heal
this pain is just too real
theres just too much that time cannot erase

waterloo road fans http://petitions.tigweb.org/saveeddie

Closed Thread