TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stfu.cuppycake Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie Wale

Unhappy I think I might hate her. - October 26th 2011, 09:56 AM

long story short. I think I might hate my bestfriend.
I've been listening to screamo/hardcore & depressing music since I was like 10 & I got her to like it too because I've been listening to it heaps.
here are the reasons why I think I might hate her.
- she thinks she's top shit.
- she thinks she knows everything.
- she hates being wrong.
- she changed heaps.
- she says ' since when did you listen to asking alexandria ' when I got her into it. ( kinda hurt when she said it because I was the reason why she listens to it & ps; its a screamo/hardcore band ).
- she talks shit.
- she's a drama queen.
- makes the smallest things big.
- pretty much everything she does pisses me off.
I mean I love her a lot & we've been through so much & I don't want to cut her loose just because of this. But sometimes I just want to slap her in the face with a hammer. Thanks in advance guys, no rude comments please.

Never have I ever Fallen in love. "Happy hunger games, & may the odds be ever in your favor."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I think I might hate her. - October 26th 2011, 12:09 PM

It might be best to take a break from talking to her and hanging out with her since it sounds like most of what she does is getting on your nerves. If things continue like this, you may accidentally snap on her and a fight could happen. Its best to take a step back and let yourself cool down and remember what you love about her. Maybe try making a list of her positives?

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I think I might hate her. - October 26th 2011, 05:13 PM

Hey there. It's natural for friends who are so close to get annoyed with each other. They're much like siblings in the sense that you know each other so well, that your thoughts/opinions/actions/etc are bound to clash at one point or another. I agree with Nicole. I really think you should take a small break from this friend. It sounds like you need it. If you want, talk to her first. Tell her what's bugging you. Explain to her everything you said to us. Tell her you still love her to death, but these things bug you. Part of being in a friendship... means honesty as well. Communication. It's always going to bug you unless you say something to her. Another part of being in a friendship means accepting people for who they are. For better or for worse. I don't think you hate her. You don't want to let the friendship go. you may be annoyed with tons of things that she does, but that doesn't mean you hate her. Just talk to her. Take a break if needed. Friendships go through phases. This might just be a phase :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: I think I might hate her. - October 26th 2011, 08:57 PM

Don't blow this out of proportion. The only real issue I see is that she got confused about a band, and your ideals aren't the same right now. If you act without thinking here, I promise you're going to lose a friend.

Honestly, you're angry right now, and I get that. I've felt pissed off, or betrayed by friends. But at the same time I've been on the other end of a friend blowing up over something I didn't do intentionally, and trust me, that also makes your friend feel pissed off or betrayed.

You need to seperate yourself from your friend for a while, sort your thoughts and decide on what needs to be done, becaues if you said to her what you said to us here, looking from your friend's perspective: I wouldn't want to be your friend.

Just think this through and make sure you're thinking clearly when you talk to your friend next. I wish you the best of luck.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I think I might hate her. - October 26th 2011, 11:37 PM

Despite the common saying that best friends won't hate each other, they sometimes do, hell I kicked one of my best friends through his basement door after we had a good brawl. We hated each other for a bit, got into fights at school with each other. With that particular friend, one day at school during recess a guy who we were friendly with verbally insulted my best friend to the point where he broke down into tears. I was far away from him yet I questioned my hatred for him and it quickly disappeared, so I consoled him and we became best friends again (I wanted to tear the guy apart but other students were already doing that for me). That same day I went over to his house and we did our usual stuff, it felt amazing.

Point is, you may hate your friend now and that's fine because it'll pass.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread