TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Question Miscommunication - November 4th 2011, 03:26 PM

Ok so I Don't seem to understand my parents, brothers, or sisters. They always tell me I need to calm down. There clearly must be something wrong with me. I am going through a lot of garbage right now and it's really hard for me, so I think what might be happening is that I'm replacing my inside anger about all that garbage (like SH, dealing with a death of faimly member, and and ED) on them. The thing is I don't notice I'm being rude to them until after I finished talking, it's not that I plan to be rude it just happens. Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Miscommunication - November 5th 2011, 09:03 PM

I do this too sometimes. I can put my anger from my bad day out on them. I just try to think before I say something. Sometimes I just listen to myself breath until I calm down. But maybe you can even just talk to them about whats wrong. I know it always helps me to vent about everything. Im here if you need anything!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Miscommunication - November 7th 2011, 04:29 PM

I think you need to talk to your family. Ask them what they mean when they tell you to calm down. Ask for examples of things that you do. That could make you more aware of your actions. Explain to you parents about what's going on in your life. With the self harm, and the eating issues. I know how hard it can be to talk to your family about something that has been your secret for so long. But both an ED and SH can potentially kill you. I'm not saying that to scare you, I'm saying that because it's true. Obviously these things are effecting your daily life, and your relationship with your family. Just open up to them. Write them a letter if you can. Writing letters always worked better for me. Let them help you. Let them support you. They probably notice that you're going through things anyways. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread