TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

And when the calls stop...then what? - March 23rd 2009, 04:00 AM

Ever since I told my best friend I was in love with him, things have changed. Don't get me wrong, I knew they would. Not only because things would be weird for him, but for me too. He's known I went through my other best friend saying no and some rather rude things, also being led on. He did the same things, but the rude things he said were I don't want another long distance relationship and I still love my ex. Who he hasn't dated in over two years and there was another girl between me and her. So...we use to talk everynight for hours on end. Now...if I get fifteen minutes I'm lucky. And then...out of no where...he just stopped calling. Now, he broke his cellphone and I have a HUGE fear of talking to parents on phones. Also, his dad seems to hate me. So, he has to call me and I know that can get rather annoying, but I can't talk to someone if they hate me. He'll message me on myspace sometimes, but they'll be shirt messages of nothing. Like his last one was telling me his other best friend, who's like a brother to him, went to my work and was mad because I wasn't there. He didn't say sorry for not calling like he promised to do.
I mean, he always screams when my other best friend won't call me because it upsets me, but now he's doing it too. I've told him he was doing it and he lost it on me. Telling me to never compare him to that ass. Expect...more swears. And he's mad because I'm a jealous person. He thinks I don't want him to find someone who he loves, but I do...I just can't be happy right now when he finds that girl. I have no clue what to even tell him or anything anymore.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Seeen Offline
Average Joe

Re: And when the calls stop...then what? - March 23rd 2009, 04:47 AM

call him i hate having to constantly call the girl makes me feel like im too clingy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: And when the calls stop...then what? - March 23rd 2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeen View Post
call him i hate having to constantly call the girl makes me feel like im too clingy
He's my best friend and he knows of my fears. Plus, when you're best friend's parents hate you...they normally don't let you talk to them.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: And when the calls stop...then what? - March 23rd 2009, 09:28 PM

Hi Jessie,

How far away does your friend live? Is there any way you can visit him and talk to him in person? I can understand how awkward phone calls can be- especially with a friend's parents! That's really the worst. But all the same, I think you should still try and give him a call. Just talk to his parents nicely on the phone and they shouldn't have a reason not to let you talk to your friend.

It might also be a good idea, especially if your friend is far away, to start emailing him on a regular basis. There's nothing wrong with being e-pals too, and it means more to get a letter rather than a message on myspace.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: And when the calls stop...then what? - March 23rd 2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Hi Jessie,

How far away does your friend live? Is there any way you can visit him and talk to him in person? I can understand how awkward phone calls can be- especially with a friend's parents! That's really the worst. But all the same, I think you should still try and give him a call. Just talk to his parents nicely on the phone and they shouldn't have a reason not to let you talk to your friend.

It might also be a good idea, especially if your friend is far away, to start emailing him on a regular basis. There's nothing wrong with being e-pals too, and it means more to get a letter rather than a message on myspace.

Nat.
He lives about 45 minutes away and we see each other less and less since we had this weird problem with love and getting heartbroken...on my end. He ended up calling me, but saying he's been so busy and stuff, which...even when he use to be busy he still called or told me he couldn't call tonight.

I messaged him, that's the only reason he called me anyways.

sphynx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: And when the calls stop...then what? - March 25th 2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeen View Post
This.

His parents are reasonable though, they won't just slam the phone down on you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: And when the calls stop...then what? - March 25th 2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
This.

His parents are reasonable though, they won't just slam the phone down on you.
Not really, they wouldn't let him come over because he said God one time.

sphynx

Closed Thread