TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Friend advice? - November 9th 2011, 07:41 PM

So I'm usually one to try to find possitive things in everything.
However now I have a concussion that is not improving very much, I've lost a lot of my sight because of it, and other issues including a bunch of family drama that leaves me in tears every. night.

My one friend, so far, EVERYTHING I have told her she either relates it to her and how it's not a big deal, she basically says the doctor is wrong and I'm overreacting, and she finds the negative in EVERYTHING I say to her. It's driving me mad.

She's fighting with me about it, and I really don't have the energy for it. I don't know how to handle this. I haven't been in school for 8 weeks, and I may not be able to return all year, however I'm really hoping that is not the case.

And she just gets on her case about how wonderful her bf and she's so annoyed with me about not liking him.. Sorry I don't like a guy who randomly starts attacking me over FB..

What do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Friend advice? - November 11th 2011, 04:19 PM

Talk to her. Tell her that you don't need the negativity. Let her know exactly what you told us. Maybe you should distance yourself from her for a bit. You're recovering, and her saying all this is just having a negative affect. It's hard to be positive when you have Negative Nancy for a friend. I would say keep surrounding yourself with the positives, and not the negatives. And if that means not talking to this friend for a while, then do that. Do what you need to do. I hope your recovery goes well, and you start feeling better soon!<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Friend advice? - November 11th 2011, 05:17 PM

You should be honest with her and talk to her. Your friend should not be talking non stop about her boyfriend when her friend is in pain and wants somebody to listen to her. You need to tell her how you feel. It is the only way things will get better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Friend advice? - November 11th 2011, 06:53 PM

You know the phrase "communication is key"? It's not just in romantic relationships. Communication is important in ALL relationships, especially friendships. You should talk to her and explain to her how you're feeling. Explain to her that negativity is not good for your recovery. That you need to have positivity around you. Hopefully she'll understand but if not, you should distance yourself from her until you're feeling better. With that said, I hope things work out and I hope you feel better soon! Take care. x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Re: Friend advice? - November 11th 2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks guys.

I talked to her... Yeah, she pointed fingers about how Im so selfish, jealous because I don't have a bf, and that I'm starting all these fights.

I certainly got my distance, however the drama she always causes when stuff like this happens was not needed.

Thanks guys. It was probably best

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Friend advice? - November 11th 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietGirl View Post
I talked to her... Yeah, she pointed fingers about how Im so selfish, jealous because I don't have a bf, and that I'm starting all these fights.
You're not any of those things. You finally stood up for yourself in a sense and I'm proud of you for doing that. Enjoy being drama free and focus on yourself. You're right, it's probably what's best. x

Closed Thread