TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Redwitch100 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Tired of being treated this way. - November 12th 2011, 04:24 AM

So I am a twin, and a older sister as well, which makes me the middle child. I have read about middle child syndrome and everything and favoritism between parents. My parents do the same thing, I am my mom's favorite but she tries hard to give attention to everyone, but my father on the other hand.....well, I believe that he hates me because I am not as smart as my older sister 17(BY 5 FLIPPING MINUTES) and not as good as my little sister who is 10. But tonight really blew me off edge, he just treated me like complete crap all night and I didn't do anything, then I get mad and he finally goes upstairs and my mom, my twin and I all start to watch a show. There is a shocking part in it and I already knew about it due to spoilers, but my twin was ticked and everything because I tried saying that I kind of knew what was going on because the girl's hair was different. (Normally she is always right....well at least she thinks so.) Anyways, we both blow up on one another and she goes upstairs complaining to my father, so I do the same to my mom but I actually tell her the whole thing, but she was downstairs already. Then about 30 minutes later my dad comes down and whispers to my mom (Who told me what he said) "I am two-seconds away from slapping that spoiled shit in the face." So basically I am sick of being treated like crap, my mom fully knows it because my twin thinks she is the freaking mom of the house. (My father and her are waaay too close.) I am loosing it slowly and I can't wait to get out of the house when I go to college, but I am still scared. I don't know what to do anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Tired of being treated this way. - November 14th 2011, 12:43 AM

First, don't think of yourself as "not as smart as your sister" or "not as good as your sister" because that's not true and no way to help your self-esteem.

Just hang in there, it gets better. I know what you're going through, being a twin myself. There really is no cure for the middle child syndrome, try to at least tolerate your sister. Just don't talk to her unless you have to. When I started ignoring my brother my senior year I stopped getting so angry at him. Now we go to separate colleges and are starting to get along.

As for dealing with your dad, I wish I had some advice. I haven't figured that one out myself.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#3 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Re: Tired of being treated this way. - November 15th 2011, 10:54 PM

Your father has some serious anger issues...
You are NOT stupid or not smart! Don't think that. That's what your twin wants you to think so that she has the upper hand when really shes just a messed up child who cant take care of herself so she cries to daddy every time she has a problem with life. And what do you think that's going to lead to? "Daddy I'm 40 years old and I can't pay my bills! Will you do it for me?" "Daddy I want this car, but I don't have enough money. Can you buy it for me?" She wont get anywhere in life because shes a tattle tale and shes unbelievably immature for her age. She may be 5 minutes older than you, but on the inside, you are 10 years older than she is.
Sorry, but spoiled brats bug the hell out of me.
I know you said that your mother knows whats going on, but I would recommend going to a social worker at school to talk more. No need to be embarrassed, girls go and talk to them for a lot of reasons. Puberty, boys, and in this case, family issues. You should NOT be treated this way. Its wrong and its a bad environment to grow up in.

Just remember that you didn't do anything wrong. Both your sister and your father have a lot of growing up to do. As for your mother? I'm confused as to whether she wants to protect you or let one thing after another slide. Has she talked to your father about what hes doing? Tried to stop him? Anything? If not, she, also, has a lot of growing up to do. If I were her, I would've left him then and there. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will EVER even have a chance to call my daughter a "spoiled shit" and then threaten to slap her.

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

Closed Thread