TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Drama - November 16th 2011, 04:16 AM

Okay, so I'm just going to give you this in a nutshell, and if anyone wants the full-extended version, then just ask and I'll send it to you. :/ I don't want to make this super long.

Basically I have this friend who is very clingy and prone to emotional break downs. She freaked when her mom got arrested and pretty much thought the entire world was crashing. She deeply imposed on me and basically made it sound like "if you don't take me home with you, then I'll probably do something drastic." granted she got a hold of herself. But I was shaken by the event and have since been trying to avoid her (to a degree). I did tell her that I was upset about her behavior (don't judge this yet. Message me and I'll tell you all that happened). Regardless, her mom got out of jail and everything was okay. I didn't hang out with her much after that. Tbh I got really annoyed with her. She was always overbearing to a degree- so I could only be with her in small increments. But I was afraid of having her shit dumped on me again, so I wanted to keep my distance. Well last Thursday I got a phone call from her and apparently she was in a behavioral clinic, because she tried jumping in front of a bus. :/ She's always been unstable, but we never thought she'd actually try anything.

That's one of my stresses.

Another stress is one of my other friends is pregnant. Now I'm uber excited! But it's just some of the drama I've listened to her go through. I don't mind listening to her problems, because they aren't life threatening and don't make me physically ill like the prior. But I think I got a little too involved in her problems there for a little bit. So I just need to back out some. Kinda made her boyfriend think I hate him. Which is totally not the case. Regardless, they did settle things out and things are sort of calm again. I guess I'm just a little shaken from it.

Also had a guy who liked me for a while, but then abruptly stopped wanting to be my friend due to something about rejection, sexual temptation and me being attractive. I told the guy I wasn't interested and we could still be friends. He was fine with that. But then he abruptly said he was going to shut down and drop all of his friends and start fresh next semester. Soooo yeah.

This has been my drama in the past week. JUST this past week. It's so sad it's almost funny.

Just need a listening ear and some advice from ppl who aren't my close friends or family. Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Drama - November 23rd 2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spontaneous Smile View Post
Basically I have this friend who is very clingy and prone to emotional break downs. She freaked when her mom got arrested and pretty much thought the entire world was crashing. She deeply imposed on me and basically made it sound like "if you don't take me home with you, then I'll probably do something drastic." granted she got a hold of herself. But I was shaken by the event and have since been trying to avoid her (to a degree). I did tell her that I was upset about her behavior (don't judge this yet. Message me and I'll tell you all that happened). Regardless, her mom got out of jail and everything was okay. I didn't hang out with her much after that. Tbh I got really annoyed with her. She was always overbearing to a degree- so I could only be with her in small increments. But I was afraid of having her shit dumped on me again, so I wanted to keep my distance. Well last Thursday I got a phone call from her and apparently she was in a behavioral clinic, because she tried jumping in front of a bus. :/ She's always been unstable, but we never thought she'd actually try anything.
I think she is being very clingy because she wants some attention due to her mother being in jail. That must be very hard for her to handle, which could have caused the depression that resorted to her trying to jump in front of a bus. Instead of shutting her out, it could really help her if you let her rant to you for a bit. It seems to me that she could really use a friend.

Quote:
Another stress is one of my other friends is pregnant. Now I'm uber excited! But it's just some of the drama I've listened to her go through. I don't mind listening to her problems, because they aren't life threatening and don't make me physically ill like the prior. But I think I got a little too involved in her problems there for a little bit. So I just need to back out some. Kinda made her boyfriend think I hate him. Which is totally not the case. Regardless, they did settle things out and things are sort of calm again. I guess I'm just a little shaken from it.
I'm a little confused about whats stressing you out here. I'm sure its very surprising to hear that she's pregnant, however. I would try not to get too involved though, if she needs you I'm sure she will let you know. Maybe talk to her boyfriend and let him know that you don't hate him?

Quote:
Also had a guy who liked me for a while, but then abruptly stopped wanting to be my friend due to something about rejection, sexual temptation and me being attractive. I told the guy I wasn't interested and we could still be friends. He was fine with that. But then he abruptly said he was going to shut down and drop all of his friends and start fresh next semester. Soooo yeah.
Rejection is tough to deal with. He probably figured if he stopped talking and seeing you, it would help him get over you, which is true. I guess he's just doing what he needs to do which is good. It can be tough to just be friends with someone that you are attracted to. Don't feel too bad about it though, you did the right thing by not leading him on.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ronnymajani Offline
RonnyM
Not a n00b

Name: Ronny Majani

Re: Drama - November 24th 2011, 03:32 PM

Well I'm not gonna talk about that girl I'm just gonna say that the more experiences you have the more wiser you get and the smarter you become and as for details I mostly agree with the post above. Hope this helped.
Sincerely RNY.M the new teenhelp.org unemployed mentor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Drama - November 24th 2011, 04:02 PM

I agree, the more experience the more you know how to handle it the next time. As much as you wish there won't be any drama there still will be that one person who will start it over some small thing. Just remember to stay strong!

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

Closed Thread