TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brittenynichole Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Britteny Nichole

Thanksgiving help? - November 23rd 2011, 01:22 PM

So, I live with my dad. I can't stand being around my mother because she is immature, a compulsive liar, & never takes responsibility for what she does. I mean, when my grandmother (her mother) was in the hospital, dying, we wentto charelston (where my grandmother was at) & in the middle of the night, instead of being where she was suppose to, she takes me (I'm sixteen) to Kentucky so she could meet up with these guys. She made me go, I didn't want to, & she blamed it on me.
Anywho, point to this story is this; I don't like talking to her, I don't visit her, but she's expects me to come to Thanksgiving Dinner..I really don't want to. If I do I'll be miserable..if I don't she'll start the "why do you hate me? Don't you love me" bull.. Can anyone give an opinion on what I should do? /:
Note: My therapists tells me I'm way more mature than her. That I'm like the mother & she is like the daughter in our relationship.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Thanksgiving help? - November 23rd 2011, 02:49 PM

Its hard when that happens espically when you 16. You really shouldn't have to go because if she makes you feel uncomfortable then it isn't fair to you. I think i would show her though how more mature you are then her. Just go to dinner and if she makes one stupid move then i would leave. But other then that you shouldn't have to.

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#3 (permalink)) Old
brittenynichole Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Thanksgiving help? - November 23rd 2011, 04:25 PM

Ive been putting up author since I was little. I've took care of my little brother while she went out to the bar, our house got foreclosed on be wise she didn't pay the bills, she is living with her friend because she doesn't want to get a real job, she thinks that working in the photo center in wal mart is a good job, and zoo much more. You honestly couldn't believe the things I've had to put up with because of her. I have (unforunatly) decided to go to dinner..I'm just not happy with it. It goes against my better judgement...& on top of it, I won't have anyone to talk to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Re: Thanksgiving help? - November 23rd 2011, 04:52 PM

Just bring your music and relax. Also, I would talk to her. Face to face, about this because its really bothering you. You are too young to be put into this position. She has to grow up eventually, and maybe if someone points it out to her, she'll start acting her age. Stay strong!

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

(#5 (permalink)) Old
brittenynichole Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Thanksgiving help? - November 23rd 2011, 07:42 PM

I was way ahead of you with the music thing. (:
And I have talked to her..several times, but it never Changes.

Closed Thread