TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wilsos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

Unhappy Dealing with Family - March 24th 2009, 06:36 PM

I have a dad who is bipolar and all my family r saying that its my fault he has got. My brother an my dad are syaing I should die and never see them again. people at school r bullying me with it and I dont know what to do
  Send a message via MSN to wilsos  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cassie.x Offline
Last of the english roses.
Average Joe

Name: cassie

Re: Dealing with Family - March 24th 2009, 06:49 PM

I am so sorry about everything you are going through.
I have no idea how hard it must be.

But i was really shocked when i read this,it is not your'e fault.
And i'm really suprised your family would say these things to you,but please remember they are NOT true.
They are probably just upset,and looking for someone to blame,but that's not fair atall.

My best advice is to talk to someone,is there any adult you trust? A friends parent, a relative,even someone at school?

I really think you should let people know at school,because bullying is never fair,and they should try and stop this,and they may be able to offer you some kind of guidance/councelling.
And i really,really think it would help to talk about it,And im really sorry i don't know much about the situation to help you.

This link might help you out a bit;

http://www.relate.org.uk/familylife/...oryoungpeople/

Hope i helped,and please,stay positive,because this isn't your fault.
Danni xxx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Dealing with Family - March 24th 2009, 09:28 PM

Hi Sophie,

No matter what, do not believe what your family is telling you. It is not your fault if your father has a disorder. That is not something you can have an influence on, so don't believe it for a second. And furthermore, if your father does have a disorder, then he should probably see a doctor about it. It's important that he get some help and learn how to treat it, if possible.

If people are bullying you at school, then you should talk to the office and guidance department about it. They will be able to manage it better and have those people dealt with. That's not fair of them to do that and you don't deserve to be treated that way. It takes some courage to go talk to someone about it, but just stay strong. It will help in the long run.

As for your father and brother saying those things to you, I think that is just terrible. Don't listen to them and do your best to ignore them.
Is there another relative you could stay with for a while? It doesn't sound like a very positive environment for you at home. It might help to take some time away from your father and brother.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wilsos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

Re: Dealing with Family - March 26th 2009, 11:30 AM

Nat.[/quote] Thanks for helping yeh I am going to try and move out of home wioth a help of a councellor and youngt carers thanks

Last edited by wilsos; March 26th 2009 at 02:55 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to wilsos  
Closed Thread