TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JB00 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cara

Unhappy My older brother - January 10th 2009, 03:06 PM

Me and my brother used to be best friends. LIke, not kidding. Even after my parents got divorced and he went to live with my dad, and I stayed with my mom we were still like best friends. We would tell eachother everything. Well, all of a sudden he stopped talking to me. Randomly. This was all about five or so years ago. I know, brothers and sisters don't talk much, but this is kind of ridiculous....I have no idea what I did to make him hate me so much, but he won't tell me. He doesn't say anything.
So yeah, how do I get my brother to talk to me again?

~JB~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: My older brother - January 10th 2009, 03:12 PM

Hey Cara-

I imagine this is really hard for you. And perhaps it's simply a misunderstanding between you and your brother or something.

Tell him that you really miss what you had, and that'd you love to talk to him again like you used to if he'd ever like to again. Otherwise, really, you can't force him to speak to you. And if he doesn't ever want to talk, don't take it personally, if he can't even tell you why, that's rather childish.

Hopefully everything works out for you, I hope it does. Just be okay with it if he doesn't want to talk anymore, and find new friends and so forth.

Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: My older brother - January 10th 2009, 03:46 PM

It's entirely possible that you, personally, did nothing.

Perhaps something happen to him, with him, that has made him suddenly shut you out. It could of been a traumatizing experience, a big change, there are a lot of possibilities.

Like Maria said, the best thing you can do is go to him and try to get him to talk to you, hopefully he may give you some kind of answer or idea. Try to avoid accusing him or turning it into an argument, it'll work out better for both of you.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread