TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Arrow lieing parents! - December 2nd 2011, 12:45 AM

i got bullyed alot last year and my parents said that they would not tolerate anymore bullying. but they lied.
a kid in my class stuck a mint he had been chewing onto my sweater and only one person was nice enoigh to tell me, after laughing with her friends of course. i told my mom and brother about it at the table but my brother interupted me not even half way through saying
" Ok rashel? we REALLY don't want to hear you complain about your day alright?" my mom didnt care he did this and the only sympathy she showed , even though i said how embarresed i was and everything, was saying " Ew"
when i got my shoe on the roof of my 1 floor school (dont ask) and had to walk around with one shoe until i found my friend and she lended me her gym shoe, got up infront of the class to get my shoe from the janator and prove i could tie my shoes before he gave it to me, had my french teacher laugh at me, my mom said "I have no sympathy for you" i know it was my fault but i CUT that night after i havent for months!i cried myself to sleep and couldent see a reason to get out of bed the next morning! when i was telling a storie about me trying to write a comic in science class but not being able to because of my teacher making us do none stop work, my mom interups and says
"thats somthing called SCHOOL hun."
she wouldent even let me finish!
my parents said they would NOT tolerate bullys this year but they ARE! what do i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: lieing parents! - December 3rd 2011, 01:10 AM

I'm more concerned about the lack of empathy than the lying. It seems to be having a very negative affect on your mental well-being (ex. the cutting). I know this may seem drastic, but have you considered telling a trustworthy adult about your situation at home? What your parents are doing could be considered abusive/neglectful, and if you were to get Child Protective Services (CPS) or a similar agency involved, you may be able to receive further support regarding this situation.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: lieing parents! - December 3rd 2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloves123 View Post
a kid in my class stuck a mint he had been chewing onto my sweater and only one person was nice enoigh to tell me, after laughing with her friends of course. i told my mom and brother about it at the table but my brother interupted me not even half way through saying
" Ok rashel? we REALLY don't want to hear you complain about your day alright?" my mom didnt care he did this and the only sympathy she showed , even though i said how embarresed i was and everything, was saying " Ew"
I don't know anything about your family but I'm going to assume you claim to be bullied on a regular basis. To me, it seems your family (i.e. brother and mother) only hear whining from you as opposed to you taking some action of your own and bringing something positive to the table.

Quote:
when i got my shoe on the roof of my 1 floor school (dont ask) and had to walk around with one shoe until i found my friend and she lended me her gym shoe, got up infront of the class to get my shoe from the janator and prove i could tie my shoes before he gave it to me, had my french teacher laugh at me, my mom said "I have no sympathy for you" i know it was my fault but i CUT that night after i havent for months!i cried myself to sleep and couldent see a reason to get out of bed the next morning!
This seems to be a completely different situation because you admitted whatever happened was your fault as opposed to someone doing something to you. In my mind, this is separate from being the target of bullying and your mother probably acknowledged that. I cant say I support or disagree with her statement because I don't know the story, however, if you did something at school that led to you getting in trouble or humiliated, then chances are I wouldn't have sympathy for you either.

Quote:
when i was telling a storie about me trying to write a comic in science class but not being able to because of my teacher making us do none stop work, my mom interups and says
"thats somthing called SCHOOL hun."
she wouldent even let me finish!
my parents said they would NOT tolerate bullys this year but they ARE! what do i do?
This does not seem to be bullying at all. You were in science class but decided to write a comic and your teacher intervened to get you to do school work. Your mother probably didn't want to hear it because the story centered around you goofing off in class and getting caught by the teacher. In my mind, your parents probably want you to succeed academically and your story was likely indicating the opposite. I'm sure if you told them you were in science class, had a test/quiz and got the highest mark, then they would be more willing to listen because you're not whining about your day nor telling a story about goofing around.

Call me ghoulish but your parents are not bullying you in the slightest, they're not encouraging poor academic behaviour, which is a good positive goal few would argue against. The cutting is problematic, however, I question whether your parents know of it because from my time on this site, the majority of people hide their self-injuries or self-mutilations, so it's unreasonable to hold your parents against something they don't know about since you're intentionally concealing it.

On the other hand, Robin is more caring, forgiving and sympathetic.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: lieing parents! - December 3rd 2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master
On the other hand, Robin is more caring, forgiving and sympathetic.
I could be misunderstand the situation, but I thought the bullying was occurring at school. Most people face bullying at some point, and some parents are more sympathetic than others when hearing about bullying... but what concerns me is that the parents are not only indifferent, they're downright antagonistic. Now, obviously, I don't know the whole story. Maybe Rashel could take more responsibility for what goes on at school. Maybe she should speak up for herself and stop relying on her parents so heavily. Frankly, if this is the attitude her parents have - if they are so callous that they push her to self-harm - then maybe she SHOULD take matters into her own hands. That's why I suggested talking to a trustworthy adult. I don't expect her to wait around and ask everyone to cater to her needs. On the contrary... if things are bad, at home, school, or elsewhere, I'd hope that she would take charge and do something about it.

I hope it didn't seem like I was targeting you. I really do think you give amazing advice, and I've said that plenty of times before. I'm just trying to elaborate upon my response (and if I can give Rashel more information to consider, then all the better).

(#5 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Re: lieing parents! - December 3rd 2011, 04:24 PM

i DO do somthing about it! i don't just stay back and hope people catter to my needs! i have never ONCE done that!i have been trying to get people to stop picking on me for 11 years but my parents think ive only been getting bullyed for the past 2.

Closed Thread