TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pre9428 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Pain - December 13th 2011, 01:15 PM

My mother yells at me all day. I'm not overreacting.
She fucking yells at me for everything possible.
She friken yells at me if I get sick or if there's no fricken signal
in her phone! The thing is, I'm so scared right now.
All I think about is how amazing it would be to just die.
She makes me feel worthless. She tells me that I won't
be able to do what I really want in life.
She makes me feel so horrible about myself and then tells
me that everything is my fault.
She tells me that I hurt her. She doesn't listen to me and
she just makes me want to kill myself.
It's like when she looks at me she wonders why the fuck I'm
her daughter. I don't know what to do. It's been going on for
way too long now. I'm literally hanging on by a thread. I hate
myself all cuz of her. And I have no one to talk to.
I just want this to end.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Imagine849 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Suzanne

Re: Pain - December 13th 2011, 04:13 PM

Hey, i'm sorry things are so hard for you right now! I know its difficult but try not to let the negative things your mom says affect you, you are a beautiful, amazing person and you deserve to be happy! PM me if you ever need a shoulder to cry on. Hang in there, you're stronger than you realise

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us,
Above us only sky!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_sunsets64. Offline
dreaming of a glass castle...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Pain - December 13th 2011, 07:20 PM

i know exactly what you mean! my mom once started crying, telling me and my siblings that she was so embarrassed and ashamed of us that when her friends were all talking about how great their kids are, she could only sit there silently because we're so unappreciative and selfish, obnoxious brats. i was 9 years old, my little sister was 7 :/

i know it hurts like hell, but just remember, it's not your fault. you can see the ridiculous accusations (i mean her phone's signal, come on, that's not even close to being in your control), and you don't feel the blame until after she puts it on you, because the blame shouldn't be yours to begin with. it's not your fault, and you are NOT worthless. follow your dreams and make her sorry one day, let her realize just how much you can do DESPITE her. you're a great person, and don't forget it!

"Those 3 words are said too much, but not enough" <3
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender."

PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to chat (:
http://liveforthememories.tumblr.com/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Pain - December 14th 2011, 01:37 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this. Well I think you should try to stay away from your mom alittle bit more. I also think you should see your councilor or anyone that you can talk to on a decent basis. You cant let what your mom says affects you or you will just be destroyed. Be your own person. No ones other opinions matter. The only things that matters is yourself. Forget about the mom thing, forget about all she said, then ask yourself: What do I have that others don't? What do I like about myself? Think about it. Then think to yourself: What 1 Thing do I want to change that is realistic? Then make a plan to change it. Remember, change doesn't happen over night. Be patient. Love yourself for who you are - and if there are certain things that you can improve on and it will make you even happier and will be a bonus in your life, then make steps to accomplish your goal and change.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pre9428 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pain - December 14th 2011, 07:17 AM

Thanks everyone.

You know, sometime it's just way to hard to deal with?
I can't stay away from her, I live with her.
She's always in my face.
I don't even feel like waking up somtimes cuz I just
feel so useless.
I don't even know what to do anymore.
There's literally no one I can talk to here.
I'm just so lost =/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Pain - December 15th 2011, 03:30 AM

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

I know the feeling of just wanting to quit - just wanting all the pain, all the words, all those horrible actions to go away. The feeling and craving of happiness.

Happiness is something we create - its not given to us.

If you ever just need to express your feelings, or just talk to someone you can always Private Message me.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Pain - December 15th 2011, 05:14 PM

It's hard when you have a parent who doesn't seem to even care. I would talk to her. Tell her exactly what you feel about her, and how you feel about what she does to you. It's so helpful to let all the pent up emotions out. It may make your relationship with your mom worse, or better. But either way, releasing all those negative feelings can take a weight off your shoulders. Write her a letter, or hash it out one day.

But do you want to know something? You're better than what she makes you out to be. You can do anything you want to do in life. Why wouldn't you be able to? Out of the billions of people in this world, don't let one person make you feel like you can't do anything. Because you can. If she can't encourage you the way a mom is meant to, then you have to encourage yourself. And find people who will also encourage you. It's going to be a bit hard, but you're able to do it.

Also, find a club or a sport to join. Do after school activities. The more you're away from home, the better you're going to feel. Hang out with friends, do things you like. Don't let your mom be a set back. Do what you want to do.

Hope this helped.
Take care<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread