TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lonleygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I HATE HER! plz help me! - December 15th 2011, 02:53 PM

Well here's the thing, I hate my mom! She is not a bad person she tryes her best but I can't stand her!!
I am a depressed, suicidal, feel like Im failing al the time, hot tempered, stressed 15 years old girl. I'm a totaly different person when I'm with friends, I am pretty happy and funny with them but when I see or just think of my mom I get like pissed of, really. My mom dosn't understands me, she don't know that I'm cutting, nobody knows! I talk to her about my depression and everything but she don't understands, she tries to but she don't! I hate her more than enything else!!! and I don't know what to do, because I can't consentrate on school when I'm at home. I scream to her and fight and tells her everytime that Im going away and I will never meet you again! and after that I get sad because I feel sorry for her to have a daoughter like me and then I go into my room and cry and cut myself. Next year, I will go to some kind of a boarding school because I can't take this anymore but I feel sick everytime I go home and I can't take this a half year more!
I hate my life. plz, give me some advice!

Avenged Sevenfold

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pre9428 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I HATE HER! plz help me! - December 15th 2011, 03:04 PM

I'm sorry you have to go through all that.
I know how you feel, you're not alone.
My mother constantly yell at me and makes me
feel like crap. I get how painful it is.
You've got to hang in there.
Talk to a close friend about what you're going through.
Just remember, it's not your fault and your not alone.
PM me if you ever need to talk, I can totally relate
to how you feel.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I HATE HER! plz help me! - December 15th 2011, 05:05 PM

I know you're depressed and things are hard for you right now. And it's even especially hard when your support system, or lack there of, doesn't understand.. but you need to lighten up on her. It's not fair for you to lash your depression out on your mom because she doesn't understand. She's trying. And to be honest with you, a lot of people's parents don't even try or even care. So you're damn lucky. When you try to explain your depression to your mom, explain to her in terms she would understand. Maybe use metaphors so she gets it. Tell her why you're so depressed, specifically. It would really help for her to get it, you know?

You have to understand that people who haven't been depressed, are likely not to understand it. And it's not their fault, it just is what it is. As hard as it is, we have to be patient with those people. Have you considered getting into counseling? It sounds like your mom is willing to help, so it might be beneficial to get yourself some professional help. I know how hard it is to talk to people about what you're going through, but it gets easier. And it helps. Write out your emotions and give it to your counselor. A counselor will be able to help you communicate with your mom better, and help you work through the things that have you depressed.

I hope this helped.
Take care. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: I HATE HER! plz help me! - December 17th 2011, 01:01 AM

Unfortunately we sometimes hate people (parents, relatives) and we really don't know why. I hated my mom for years and years and years; then once I moved in with my father I realized that I kinda missed her. Not alot - but alittle.

I think that maybe you should try to hangout with friends more - getting the anger and the stress off your back. I also think that maybe you should start staying after school and maybe go to the library and do your homework there so that your school work is not affected anymore. Education will lead your many places - and out of the house is one of them; so don't quit school.

I think that you do love your mom based on what you have said about her, but I think that you also hate her. You have conflicted feelings about your relationship with her and right now there is just more hate in the relationship than love.

After I think you start to get away from the house more - I think and hope that the depression, and the self harm slowly goes away.

Please try to use these tips - and If you need more help you can always Private Message me.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread