TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
luff.to.sail Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Is this right? - December 19th 2011, 01:14 AM

Sooo my mom gets on my nerves. I'm a good person, average student I get As and Bs, I'm in gymnastics, diving, pole vaulting and church basketball, never tried anything illegal and I've (unfortunately) only had one kiss in my life and never anything else.. ps I'm 16.. boys just don't like me... Well anyway my mom won't let me get my license yet hates driving me places. I'll say or do the littlest thing and she'll get super mad at me and rarely, but sometimes, start hitting, kicking, punching, etc (this only happens when she is drunk/ high/ taken too many pills). I never hit back or say I hate her I just go to my room and lock my door until she tries to take off the doorknob. I kind of feel bad because I never have time to help her around the house or take care of my brother, but then I remember that she doesn't have a job and I'm in 4 sports at one time. Sorry if I'm kind of ranting but this has really got to stop. I just don't know what to do to make her happy. I just kind of forget about it at school. No one knows that my mom and I don't get along. I'm sure some think it considering none of my friends have met my mom because she never comes to any school functions, sporting events, church or anything. I just don't know what to do. Am I doing the right thing? Or should I change my life in some drastic way?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Is this right? - December 19th 2011, 01:41 AM

NO! You are doing great! You are a good student, and are good at sports and that is what will carry you into the future!

The thing is, SHE needs to change - but I don't think she will. She has the problems that need to be helped out with, but honestly, i don't think there is anything you can do to help. She needs to stop drinking, and stop getting high, and stop taking pills and actually be a mother. So don't you blame yourself, you are NOT to blame. You are who you WANT to be and to me you seem like a great person, student, and a great athlete! Keep doing what you are doing and block out the negativity from your mother.

If you ever need me, Private message me anytime!

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
luff.to.sail Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this right? - December 19th 2011, 01:48 AM

I feel like I should be telling her what she's doing is bad so she can realize it but she won't listen to anything.. any advice on getting her to listen?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Is this right? - December 19th 2011, 01:51 AM

If she wont listen, then she wont listen. You can talk to her until your face turns blue but I don't think that will do anything but get her even more upset. Sure, you can try to do it - but I don't think that she will listen or even care...

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
luff.to.sail Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this right? - December 19th 2011, 01:53 AM

I'd rather not turn into a smurf with my face all blue... Thanks

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Is this right? - December 19th 2011, 02:07 AM

Haha,

If you have any other questions you can always feel free to Prviate message me!

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris

Closed Thread