TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PorcelainDollAmethystEyes .
Not a n00b

Name: Kianna Libra Blue

Family ties? - December 23rd 2011, 01:59 AM

My Mom's had a long hard life since she was young, been through a lot of abuse whether it was a parent or the strangers in life or some of the lovers that caused her distress. Had me at eighteen and raised me the best she could, and I consider her the best Mom she could ever be for me. Even then she still had to fight, the biological father wasn't exactly the best person to be around at the time and a danger to me. Mom met my stepdad when I turned a little after two years old and went along well together, as he did adopting me and I became his daughter. Had my little brother in the process a long time later. Now Im mostly grown up and things are not as I thought, because he's whats known as an abusive person. He's never gotten physical or anything of that sort. But he's verbally and emotionally a tyrant at home when he's in a mood. This whole doctor jeckle and mr. hyde thing going on that litterally kills the rest of our spirit a lot of the time. Especially to my Mom who's stood by his side so much and he doesn'y even care anymore, he's become totally selfish and insensitive to my Mom's needs. She has lupus and other autoimmune problems, and one of her knee's and neck have lingering injuries from accidents in the past. My brother and I help her around the house a lot, cause the energy she needs she doesn't have. Dad doesn't care anymore, about anything of us I feel. Unless its something serious like an injury or sickness it doesn't matter. And there's not much else I can do to help Mom unless its helping around the house, cooking, or massassing her back and neck to help the bodily pain go away. The three of us are tired of living with someone who has serious rage issues and thinks were the ones in the wrong and he's almost perfect. We've tried getting him to go to therepy and consuling-but he won't go when they tell him what the problem is. He won't get help and he won't stop. I feel practically useless when Mom's about to cry. We want to leave and where would we have to go? And making him leave would be immpossible, despite the friends he has Mom says he doesn't have any. Most don't live around here. Mom doesn't wish to consider divorce but my brother and I don't want her to suffer his attitude anymore. And money is tight. I just don't know what to do anymore except leave it to God and Mom's hands. My brother and I can only support and talk to her when she needs us.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Family ties? - December 23rd 2011, 04:13 AM

This is a Hard situation, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Heres some ideas you can try:

Contact family members and talk to them to see if they can take mom in for awhile.

Divorce him

Let the dice roll and let whatever happens happen.

I know this is all hard, but I would contact family first, and if no one can do anything then I think you need to have your mom file for a divorce and if she refuses then I'm sorry, there really isn't anything much more that you can do to stop th verbal abuse. Once he turns physical, then I would call the police, and he Will have problems to deal with in court.

I hope this helped alittle.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread