TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stfu.cuppycake Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie Wale

Question how do I deal with my mum ? - December 23rd 2011, 11:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

how do I deal with my mum ? I really dislike her these days. Okay, she thinks everything I do is wrong. I lost two of my bestfriends *a girl stole them away from me... Um, my dad got me an xbox 360 for christmas & he's willing to get me cod blackops, mw3, halo & sims 3. She disagrees, she thinks it's too violent, she wants me to play does stupid dancing games, she wants me to be a girly girl. I'm not like that ! Why can't she accept me for who I am ?! She thinks cod/halo is too violent for me, she thinks that I might grow up & start shooting people. Like are you fucking kidding me ? What kind of mum would say that ?! She lets my brothers do whatever they want. It's really pissing me off ! She compares me to other people. She thinks I deserved it when I lost my bestfriends ! What kind of mum would say that ? I fucking hate her ! She hurts me a lot ! I've been cutting myself since I was 9. I cry myself to sleep. & ye... My dad thinks I should just ignore her. But I can't, it goes in my head, it stays there. It won't help me sleep at all... She wants me to be a girly girl, she wants me to be a model. When I hate those. All of those girly girl things. Why can't she accept me for who I am ? How can I deal with her ? I really don't know what to do... My mum's an asshole.

Never have I ever Fallen in love. "Happy hunger games, & may the odds be ever in your favor."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angiebug Offline
Just Another Young Adult :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angela

Re: how do I deal with my mum ? - December 24th 2011, 12:18 AM

If your mom a "girly girl"? she could be wanting you to follow in her footsteps.

IF shes not, she may regret it and is trying to not let you have those regret.
she may be "happy" you lost your friends because she might not of liked them very much.
As far as the games go, you said you had brothers? She may think that girls and boys shouldnt play the same games.

Its hard to lose friends. and its hard to have a parent that doesnt support you.

Everyone needs help sometimes, and thats what friends are for.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Resources Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: how do I deal with my mum ? - December 24th 2011, 05:07 AM

I would tell your mom that you feel shes being rude and not considerate of your feelings.

I agree with Angela, she wants you to be a girly girl like she was, and she wants you to do certain things, but she needs to realize that you are your own person, and she doesn't control that. Tell her that you understand she is looking out for your best interests, but you don't want to dance, and you don't want to grow up like her - you want to live your own life and make your own mistakes.

I think you need to have a heart to heart with her - I know it will be hard, and it may not work, but atleast try.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

Closed Thread