TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Apdog Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Being beaten up by my (4 years) younger brother - December 24th 2011, 09:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My 11 year old brother keeps beating me up, when I do nothing wrong. I am 14 (nearly 15) and Every time he starts hurting me, I defend myself, using a pillow or my hand to stop him from hitting my head. When I tell my parents or they see us fighting, my brother starts crying so I get shouted at and he gets comforted!!!
My 13 year old sister teams up with him and helps/ defends him at every opportunity. Just now she came up to me and said 'you know, it's me and Jake against you, and that's because nobody likes you' and then he came in to my room and randomly started smacking me with a fake Xmas tree box!?!?!?! WTF????

I know everyone has fights with siblings but this has gone way too far and I dont know what I can do to stop it! :-(
Anyone have any suggestions??????
Please help, I don't know how much more of this I can take...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Being beaten up by my (4 years) younger brother - December 24th 2011, 03:27 PM

Distance yourself from him.

I'm currently going through the same stage with my brother, where he uses every opprotunity to fight with me, in public, in private, any time of day. Locking/blocking my bedroom door helps, ignoring him works too. Avoid sitting next to him at the dinner table, and completely exlude him from your life. Eventually he will learn that his behaviour is wrong. I know this is a stupid thing to say, but iit is really just a stage he is going through. That's no excuse for him to be a huge asswipe about it though.

The best thing to do is talk to your parents about this, and explain what he is doing. Explain that he fake cries to get out of trouble, and that his treatment of your is totally unecessary.

I know it's hard, but do not fight back. If you do you will only get in trouble, it's not worth it.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread