TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jreaper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation My brother has depression, and I hate him - December 28th 2011, 04:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My brother was diagnosed a while ago with depression, but sometimes it annoys me. I feel like every time he makes it bigger than it is. I know he was never really going to kill himself. I mean he actually said goodbye, then closed the door. He tried to hang himself on a flimsy fan with a tie, I'm pretty sure it's obvious that was never going to work. People who really want to die wouldn't do things like that. I know he's not really suicidal. And I know because I've tried to kill myself before. He goes around flaunting his depression, while I hide because I don't want to hurt my family because they already have one messed up child. What really irks me is when he tells me I have no idea what depression is, or what wanting to die feels like. Sometimes I really hate him with a burning passion, but I don't want to feel that way. Can somebody help?

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 783021 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: My brother has depression, and I hate him - December 28th 2011, 08:17 AM

If you're masking your depression, then your brother may not know how you feel and you cant blame him for that. If both of you have depression and have tried to kill yourselves, why not try to work it out together?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: My brother has depression, and I hate him - December 28th 2011, 11:46 AM

Hi there.

Everyone expresses and deals with depression in their own way. I think it's unfair of you to assume he wasn't going to kill himself and that he makes it seem bigger than it is because truth be told you don't really know that. I'm not saying that it is as bad as he makes it seem but it could be that bad so its really important you understand that. Remember how you felt when you were suicidal and try to relate to his situation. If you want too, you can try and really understand him, support him and be there if you want too, it might really help you both understand each other. If you don't want to then that's okay too because it's not your responsibility. If you don't want to be there then that's okay, your parents are suppose to be supporting and he also has control of his own actions, it's okay for you to just let them deal with it.

I hope you're okay.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread