TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: kaylyn

teen drama and such... - March 27th 2009, 12:03 AM

first off... this may go better in the dating forum... but i put it here because it also deals with friends and such...

So... right after Christmas this boy from Indianapolis moves to the group home near my school. School starts up and he's there. One of my best friends (Abbie) lives at the group home, so she was always talking to him, passing notes, etc, etc. I didn't know his name (Cory) until the homecoming game(which was near the end of January). It turned out that he had a huge crush on my best friend, Mariana.
So he asked her out and they "went out" for a few weeks. But she has this huge crush/obsession with my brother... so she broke up with him.
A little while later I found out that Cory still like Mar, but also liked my friend Alicia and me... But he said he liked A better because she "doesn't **** me off as much as you do".
But Alicia told him she didn't like him... and last night in youth group (I went to Abbie/Alicia/Cory's youth group) I leaned over and asked him if he still liked me. He thought about it and after awhile he leaned over and said "yes".
Today we were passing notes in class and I asked him why he liked me... but he refused to tell me, giving the me the whole "answer my question first" crap.

It's not that I don't want to go out with him... I kind of do... though my dad would probably kill both of us...
But the other thing is... Cory was Mar's first boyfriend... and I've never reallly had a boyfriend, either... and I have a feeling things could get really serious if he asked me.
I just don't know what to do...

help?

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  Send a message via AIM to rescueisnotamyth  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I dare you.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: teen drama and such... - March 27th 2009, 12:45 AM

Let me first start by saying--isnt it great to be a girl?! haha.

Yeah, boys are confusing. My advice to you is that if you're worried about what your parents think maybe he's not so good for you anyways? But, haha, my parents dont approve of mine either, so thats not really a factor. My boyfriend, too, is my best friend's ex. She wasn't too happy at first, but they do get over it. Things must not have worked out between cory and your friend, because they aren't together. She should be happy that you're found someone you like that likes you. True friends dont hold things like that against you for long.

Keep me posted, i'd love to help!

Good luck!

-Jess(;

;Jessica.
Baby, there's no gettin' over you.

Take my heart as you head for the door;
I won't be needing it anymore.

Softball:
Because when it comes to balls, bigger is better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: teen drama and such... - March 27th 2009, 01:17 AM

Hey Kaylyn,

I know dating previous boyfriends of your friends' is a tricky situation. It definitely depends on the type of friend she is to you. There does tend to be a connection between first relationships as well. If you're concerned about your Mariana's feelings concerning you and Cory, I would confront her about this. Ask her how she'd feel about you and Cory dating. However, I don't see it being much of a problem because you said she has a 'thing' for your brother. But, it's never good to assume someone elses feelings because you're not her. If you're worried about harming your relationship, it would be a nice thing to talk to her about it first. If you really like Cory though, than hopefully she can understand your feelings. Friends should be able to stand aside if you feel strongly for someone they used to date. As for your parents, maybe it'd be best to talk with them first. Just in case? Sometimes parents don't understand. Sometimes they don't see the person for who they are. Sometimes you need to reason with them.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: teen drama and such... - March 27th 2009, 10:20 PM

I don't think she really cares if I go out with him... I think I'm the one that has a problem with it... but I'm not sure...

I have another problem that deals with this whole thing.

I only have one sibling, and he is my twin... and Mariana is absolutely obsessed with him. Every time she texts me, at least one sentence is about him and all this stuff about how much she likes him. My brother asked my parents permission to date her... they told him no... yet she is still obsessed. And almost every conversation is incredibly awkward because she is always talking about him...

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I dare you.
Average Joe

Re: teen drama and such... - March 28th 2009, 12:16 AM

Yeah, i have so many friends like that too. Its as if the only thing they ever think about is the crush. I understand where you're coming from, everyone thinks my brother's quite the hunk, and i guess you just have to learn that theres nothing you can do about it. When she texts you, try to change the subject.

Or, if you feel the need, confront her. Ask her why that seems to be the only thing you talk about anymore. Tell her that you miss the fun chats you had "pre-boy." And be kind about it because sometimes she may not realize that she's doing it. you know how girls get when theres just one guy on their mind.

Overall, just be patient. Tell her how you feel, and then see what happens!

Good luck, keep us posted. (:

-Jess(;

;Jessica.

Softball:

(#6 (permalink)) Old
falcon93 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: teen drama and such... - April 5th 2009, 08:53 PM

boys are so confusing i think you should just talk to him and hopefully things will get sorted out

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: teen drama and such... - April 5th 2009, 09:55 PM

as it turns out... he ended up asking me out on monday. (so things there are smoother now)

it's still rough with my bff crushing on my brother... she keeps trying to use me to get to him.

so... things are better with this whole situation, but still not great...

I need you Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?

el rescate no es un mito
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I dare you.
Average Joe

Re: teen drama and such... - April 6th 2009, 09:30 PM

Well first off, congrats on the boyfriend! (: That's awesome.

And the other things will all smooth over eventually. People make a big deal out of things until it gets boring, then they move on. (Naive, i know, but thats how they are.)

Good luck with your new lover and I'm sure things will start looking up!

-Jess(;

;Jessica.

Softball:

Closed Thread