TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b

Name: April

I never thought she was like that - March 27th 2009, 07:15 AM

I recently ended a friendship with this girl. I got tired of her trying to control me. When she threw a fit over me staying home to help my sick mom instead of going to the movies with her, I decided I'd had enough of her. So we haven't talked for a few weeks now. Then earlier tonight I get an email from someone I don't know (though I have an idea of who wrote it) claiming this girl is dead. The email claimed she died in a fatal car accident nearly a week ago and if I wanted to attend the funeral to contact this person. Of course, I didn't believe it. But still, I had to check. So I checked the obituaries online, nothing, then I checked a website she likes to go on. She wrote a lengthy post just a day ago. I laughed my head off. I think it's funny and yet also sad that this girl has nothing better to do than send me fake emails. I don't know why she would even bother taking the time to contact me at all. I would never talk to her again, least of all after this. As a friend of mine put it "that is lower than high school." Meaning this girl is very immature. Here we are, 20 years old, and while I have been busy with new friends and a new job lately she has nothing better to do than send me a "prank" email. I have not thought of her since we've stopped talking, but clearly I've been on her mind.

"To obtain this in exchange for Rin's life...it means nothing!!"-Sesshoumaru

Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Marie Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I never thought she was like that - March 27th 2009, 07:24 AM

Sometimes people disappoint us. At least you wised up before did any damage.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: I never thought she was like that - March 27th 2009, 07:49 AM

Hey April-

That's so amazing that you can step back, and look, and decide to really break off this friendship. Many people would continue to give this person a chance, which they don't deserve. You are so right, that is incredibly immature. Some people mature faster than others, and some never mature. You just have to see what kind of people you like to be around.

How are you overall feeling about this? I'm guessing it's kind of an eyeopener, but it's good you have other friends you can talk to about it, and that they agree with you.

Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
sphynx Offline
A Work In Progress
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: I never thought she was like that - March 27th 2009, 10:02 AM

Oi. Some people...

I agree with Maria. Kudos to you for being able to detach from the situation long enough to determine that this isn't the kind of person you want in your life! I went through something similar, and it ended up being three years before I was finally able to say that I'd had enough. Ironically, she was around the same age as this girl, and, like Maria said, some people take longer to mature and others never do. It can get to being quite ridiculous. All in all, I guess it really shows who holds the greater power and truer control in the situation (you), though this certainly isn't going to stop her from trying to manipulate it back. There's the chance she's going to try contacting you again, and maybe even again after that. Should this be the case, I encourage you to stand your ground. You certainly deserve much better than someone who expects you to be there at her every whim.

Hugs to you.

xo Claire

Clean since 01.08.09
  Send a message via MSN to sphynx  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I never thought she was like that - March 27th 2009, 11:21 PM

Hi April,

I'm really glad that you didn't give in to that email. It sounds like she was just trying to make you feel bad about breaking off the friendship. That wasn't very nice at all.

I hope you meet some people who are more understanding.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
wanderlust Offline
zz
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I never thought she was like that - March 27th 2009, 11:45 PM

Thats clearly her problem there.. there must be something quite wrong for a person to do that.

Well done on taking the high road though, it probably wouldnt do someone like that any good to be reprimanded.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
falcon93 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I never thought she was like that - April 5th 2009, 09:05 PM

sometimes in life there are gonna be those people that drive us nuts but im glad you realized that this girl was out of control

Closed Thread