TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cyndii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cynthia

Unhappy Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 23rd 2012, 10:42 AM

OK so I'm 16 (turning 17 in April) and I live with my dad, who recently started a habit of putting me down and bringing up situations that he thinks I've done wrong in. I would move in with my other side of the family but it's only worse there, and they all disowned me.
My dad tells me that I have a "fucked up way of looking at things" and that my "morals are as fucked up as me". I cant express how I feel verbally to him cause I'm scared he'll do something stupid, or he'll react in a way that will make me do something stupid.
My dad recently found out I had a boyfriend who is currently 20 years old and in finding out he has locked me up so I can't see him. He's taken all forms of communication (phone, facebook, msn, etc...) and says that I'm in the wrong.
He's been treating me like I'm worthless and mean nothing to him, I hardly see him anymore and when I do see him he pushes me away. I want to move out cause of his actions but i dont know how I'm supposed to if I can't talk to him about it and I can't just leave cause I hve no way out.
I don't know what to do and I'm afraid if I stay any longer I'm going to do something even stupider than cutting my wrists, smoking, drinking and punching walls. I need help

Last edited by cyndii; January 23rd 2012 at 10:54 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 23rd 2012, 12:23 PM

I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation. I think you need to talk to your school Councillor or contact family and child services if his actions are putting you in danger. Your councillor can help you get in contact and will have more information about what you can do about this situation. Just stay strong there is always a way out.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dreamer1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrea

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 23rd 2012, 11:33 PM

Talk to your school, they take that stuff very seriously. They will help you out in anyway possible.
  Send a message via AIM to dreamer1234 Send a message via MSN to dreamer1234 Send a message via Skype™ to dreamer1234 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cyndii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 24th 2012, 05:23 AM

Thanks, I will definately talk to them when I get back. Hopefully they can do something...

Cynthia Aveiro

(#5 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 24th 2012, 06:21 AM

That constitutes false imprisonment and abuse. He has no right to treat you that way. Definitely report this to a school counselor or police officer.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
cyndii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 26th 2012, 01:53 AM

Oh WOW, I didnt know that! Thanks, I will definately talk to my school and I will look up my legal rights.

Cynthia Aveiro

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 26th 2012, 05:29 AM

Thats terrible. Stand up to him. tell him like it is. make your statement loud and clear.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
cyndii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 26th 2012, 07:49 AM

That's alot easier said then done. When I do try to tell him how it is and stand up for myself I get a massive guilt trip cause "it's all my fault to begin with"...

Cynthia Aveiro

(#9 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 28th 2012, 04:04 PM

Yes that is exactly how emotional abuse works.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
cyndii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moving out at 16, but not sure how, what do I do? - January 28th 2012, 11:33 PM

I know I moved to my dads to get away rom it only to get it worse.....

Cynthia Aveiro

Closed Thread