TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CenturyBreak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Name

My parents don't understand ... - January 27th 2012, 08:05 PM

For twelve years of my life, I absolutely loved it ... I loved school, I had a couple of close friends and got on well with my parents. But in the last four years things have changed so very much. I have been getting stressed very much and taking it out on my parents and they absolutely hate it. I suddenly got very lonely and had virtually no close friends, just a load of broad ones that I just hang around with at school. I knew something wasn't right, and then I found out I had symptoms of Asperges syndrome. I told my parents and everything, and they sort of ruled it out and just said I'm a complete idiot and all this rubbish ... and this has been happening for a year now. Since then I have been abused by my Dad as a result of taking huge stress out on him, and I have become depressed and started to self harm. But my parents have done nothing about it ... just nothing ... they say 'your not trying hard enough in life' and all this ... I have spoke to the doctors about it in November 2011 but had nothing back yet.
I want to start to change ... any advice on how I can get my parents to listen and be aware what's actually going on in my head?
thanks

Last edited by CenturyBreak; January 27th 2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My parents don't understand ... - January 28th 2012, 02:02 AM

Well go to school, and tell your counselor about everything thats going on. If he/she believes that you in fact do need help with something, then tell them to make sure they call your parents. Tell your counselor that you want to seek professional help, feel better, stop self harming, and eventually be healthy and have a healthy lifestyle. If you tell him/her that, and then say that your parents wont listen to you so maybe its best that he/she calls, then I think things will start to go well.

Often, I see the problem: where a person wants help, but the parents either neglect it, or don't believe/listen to them. So now, force them to listen - Tell your counselor or any administration worker (Principal, Asst. Principal, etc).

If you need anymore guidance, feel free to PM me.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: My parents don't understand ... - January 28th 2012, 03:54 AM

I agree with Chris. You need a third party to get involved. You seem to recognize that for some reason your stress level went up and it's caused some conflicts at home. You also realize that you've got some issues you want to deal with. Your parents need a non involved person to present your situation to them. They seem to be reacting to past conflicts, rather than your need for help.

Best of luck, and don't give up trying to get better. There's always someone here to talk to.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"

Last edited by Shawn K.; January 28th 2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Typo
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
RobbieFox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Robbie

Re: My parents don't understand ... - January 29th 2012, 10:51 PM

I agree with the both of them. My parents never really listened to me when I had my problems with stress and stuff back at your age. But as I got older, I just had went to my mom (she listens better than my dad) and told her about everything that was bothering me. I broke down and I think that's what showed her that it's serious. If you've tired that, I suggest going to your school counslor which could make your life a lot better than having to deal with it alone.
  Send a message via AIM to RobbieFox Send a message via MSN to RobbieFox Send a message via Yahoo to RobbieFox Send a message via Skype™ to RobbieFox 
Closed Thread