TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kyle64101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Best Friend Problems - January 29th 2012, 04:03 AM

Hey everyone. My name is Kyle and I am having a huge problem with my best friend, or at least, I think I am.

I have been back at college for about 2 weeks now, and ever since I left I have not been able to get a hold of my best friend on the phone, (he hasn't posted on Facebook), or by text. The one day he said he would call he said his phone was dying and then he didn't reply after that.

I am worried because he did this before where he just randomly stopped replying to me while I was at college, and I had to run into him to actually talk to him about it last time.

I will admit, I have been calling him and giving him too many texts since he stopped replying. I also will admit that I have gotten kinda mad in some of the voicemails and texts that I have sent to him. I just was/am worried.

What can I do to get him to just talk to me about it? We didn't have any problems up until this happened. He hasn't been responding to pretty much anybody, except for my friend who he merely responded with a "no" when she asked if he was at work that day.

I really feel as if he is mad because I tried too hard to get ahold of him; I may be wrong, but I'm not sure. What can I do that will get him to talk to me again, while not going overboard with it? Thanks so much for your help in advance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Best Friend Problems - January 29th 2012, 05:29 AM

You already tried to get a hold of him. Just give him time to reply. I'm sure when the time is right he will get back in touch with you. If you keep pushing like that you may end up driving him away for good unintentionally.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Best Friend Problems - January 29th 2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle64101 View Post
Hey everyone. My name is Kyle and I am having a huge problem with my best friend, or at least, I think I am.

I have been back at college for about 2 weeks now, and ever since I left I have not been able to get a hold of my best friend on the phone, (he hasn't posted on Facebook), or by text. The one day he said he would call he said his phone was dying and then he didn't reply after that.

I am worried because he did this before where he just randomly stopped replying to me while I was at college, and I had to run into him to actually talk to him about it last time.

I will admit, I have been calling him and giving him too many texts since he stopped replying. I also will admit that I have gotten kinda mad in some of the voicemails and texts that I have sent to him. I just was/am worried.

What can I do to get him to just talk to me about it? We didn't have any problems up until this happened. He hasn't been responding to pretty much anybody, except for my friend who he merely responded with a "no" when she asked if he was at work that day.

I really feel as if he is mad because I tried too hard to get ahold of him; I may be wrong, but I'm not sure. What can I do that will get him to talk to me again, while not going overboard with it? Thanks so much for your help in advance.
Im sorry Kyle=( Im going through the same thing with one of my friends, I even made a post about it. The difference with mine is my friend hasn't said a single word in almost 3 weeks. No replies to texts or phone calls. Not even angry replies. I have no idea where she is or how she's doing. And its something she's never done before. I don't even know if I will ever hear from her ever again. And I don't even have an answer why. It sounds like your best friend though may be going through something difficult in his life which is why he hasn't really talked to anyone. I think in time he will come around. I would say, just send him one last message saying you're sorry if he's mad at you and that you have just been worried. Tell him you care a lot about him and that if he ever needs anyone or anything, just let you know. Thats the best you can do right now.

Closed Thread