TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stfu.cuppycake Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie Wale

Angry How to deal with my dad ? - January 30th 2012, 08:27 AM

My dad's like the biggest asshole. I hate him, I don't care what you guys say; some of you will probably be like ' Oh grow up he just wants the best for you blabla. ' I DON'T CARE; SO IF YOU'RE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT. Back to the question. I have a best guyfriend; he's 15 & I'm 13. Anyway; they both get along well he has a job etc. My boyfriend's 14 & he's amazing, sweet, has respect for girls, never laid a hand on me, protective, never gets angry basically my perfect guy. A little information about my dad; he's selfish, very judgemental, asshole, bossy & he can be nice sometimes which is like once a month.
So, me & my mum are talking about my boyfriend & stuff. He comes up & talks about how my best friend is so much better, that my boyfriend's ugly, lazy blabla. That my boyfriend doesn't have a job. My boyfriend WANTS TO GET A JOB, but he CAN'T you have to be 14 & 9 months to get a job ! Every night; he has to put my boyfriend down. I've been crying for hours, I'm sick of it. He constantly tells me I'm useless, ugly, too skinny, bitch, lazy, asshole, bitch, worthless & my sister is way better than me. That affects me alright ? I've been cutting since I was 9. Attempted suicide more than once but failed anyway. He would constantly tell me; if I die, you will get NOTHING. All my money will be given to your mum, sister & brothers. I was like; I DON'T GIVE TWO F*CKS ABOUT YOUR MONEY YOU *SSHOLE ! GO TO HELL & ran to my room. He grounded me for two months for that. I'm sick of it, really I am.
He would force me to go beach with him, force me to go mall with him, force me to go some stupid places with him. He uses me so he doesn't look like a freaking loner. I'm not out going at all, but I do go out with him sometimes when I WANT TO. I don't like being forced to do stuff. Alright, some of you will probably be like he wants the best for you, you should just listen to him, oh you're too young to fall in love, blabla. I don't care, its my life; my choice, I will learn from my mistakes or whatever just don't tell me about it okay ? I want advices not judgmental replies. How do I deal with him ? What should I do ? I admit, I can be a bitch; talking back at him ONLY because he's WRONG. I admit, I can be lazy, ONLY*when I'm not in the mood. My mum tells me he's going crazy that he has his period or whatever. Anyway, any advices would be appreciated. Thank you.

Never have I ever Fallen in love. "Happy hunger games, & may the odds be ever in your favor."

Last edited by Chris; February 13th 2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Added Non-PG13 (Strong Language) title

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: How to deal with my dad ? - January 31st 2012, 11:31 AM

I would definately talk to him. Tell him that this is your life, you're going to live it the way you want. That you understand his "concerns" etc but in the end its your life not his. He'll in the end just have to deal with it which will take time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kaya Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to deal with my dad ? - February 11th 2012, 10:26 AM

It looks like your family relationship is complicated and it is absolutely normal to speak up for yourself even if it looks like bitching out sometimes. Firstly, it may help if you can talk to your guyfriend who is 15 and sort of cooperate, so next time when your Dad will try to arrange an outing he will just tell that he has some business to do. As for telling that your boyfriend at 14 needs to get a job as for me it is just to early... and well the main point here is that going out with him makes YOU happy. Try to talk to your Mom about some good points of the relationship with your boyfriend, maybe she can support you and influence your Dad's attitude. Hope that helps.

Hopes are to keep us alive, dreams are to make us fly, both are to be found around so keep searching =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cloud11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to deal with my dad ? - February 23rd 2012, 12:26 AM

I think I understand where your coming from, my dad is somewhat the same. Anyway I believe that I decided that I would ingore what ever he says ( sorry but if he says I am fat when I am not, then he show really look in the mirror). Anyways you just have to understand that what your dad thinks about you doesn't mean sqant!!!!! I mean unless he wishes to turn into a teenage girl and live your life, then he can go talk to the wall if he really wishes to complain. Anyway over all try to stop cutting your self , because my friend who did this relised that they will only sever as reminders later what he said to you.
Anyways I wish you good luck.

Closed Thread