TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JollyRancher. Offline
Princess of the Unicorns
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Daisy or Dacashe

Question i just want to be his friend - January 31st 2012, 02:24 AM

So ive been in a bad relationship with my friend. At least i still call him my friend. It started about last year around this time. We were talking through facebook and he said something that i took offensively. In the back of my mind i knew he was just joking around. But i didnt think about it and said not kind words. Later i told him i was sorry but he didnt forgive me. He didnt forgive me until one day i was bored in class and started singing. He sang along and it was like back in elementry school. Then days later he stopped talking to me again. Ever since then we have had a love/ hate relationship. One minute were geting along, the next were screaming at each other. And in those hate times, i go all out to stay friends with him. I just wish to find a way to just stay friends with him without the whole hate part.

Used to be Misslostintears
If you ever want to talk or something, i am always here.
I've been around for a while now.

If someone tells you that something you love is wrong,
THEY ARE WRONG
IF someone tries to destroy your dreams,
SHOW THEM THAT WHAT THEY DO IS NOT GOING TO STOP YOU

YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS,
IT'S YOUR LIFE,
LIVE IT YOUR WAY!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: i just want to be his friend - January 31st 2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRancher. View Post
So ive been in a bad relationship with my friend. At least i still call him my friend. It started about last year around this time. We were talking through facebook and he said something that i took offensively. In the back of my mind i knew he was just joking around. But i didnt think about it and said not kind words. Later i told him i was sorry but he didnt forgive me. He didnt forgive me until one day i was bored in class and started singing. He sang along and it was like back in elementry school. Then days later he stopped talking to me again. Ever since then we have had a love/ hate relationship. One minute were geting along, the next were screaming at each other. And in those hate times, i go all out to stay friends with him. I just wish to find a way to just stay friends with him without the whole hate part.
You made your attempt to apologize, you treat him civilly even when he's rude. Go on with the rest of your life, and if he wants to he'll catch up.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: i just want to be his friend - January 31st 2012, 11:27 PM

I think you guys need to talk. Communication is number one here, and if neither of you communicate your feelings and maybe try to solve this problem, then nothing will get better. Next time you see him alone, or if you want to send him a message, make sure you express all your feelings and let him know that you DO want a friendship, and just wish that this friendship could be like it use to be.

If he doesn't respond to your message, or get rude/mean when you talk to him, than you really have no other choice but to move on and build other great friendships.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - The Great Gatsby

Last edited by Chris; February 1st 2012 at 02:55 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: i just want to be his friend - February 1st 2012, 08:03 AM

As Chris mentioned above, communication is really very important. I suggest you to have a detailed conversation with him, and tell him openly and frankly that you want o be his friend again. Try not to scream and/or lose your temper.
Hope this works out well! All the best!
xx

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

Closed Thread