TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Why does he do this? - February 8th 2012, 06:46 PM

Basically, me and my ex parted on the standard "still friends?" shebang, incited entirely by him I might add, seeing as though I made it clear that it doesn't end up working like that, but he insisted. Anywho, a few months later I saw him and he blanked me. A few days after that he saw me again, and we were stood talking for a good hour. After that we started talking occassionally again until January when I ended up at his house to chill, you can probably guess what happened, haha! But anyway, that night I just ended up in tears stood in his hallway because of a mixture of things, not just him, and he said that he cared about me a lot and would always be there for me, and was just a generally good support which I thought "fair enough, 'tis what friends do" but then, two days after that, he blanked me again. Then, recently, for some reason we started talking again, and he said that he's never letting me go ... arranged to meet him today after he encouraged it and then lo and behold, he strolls past with one of his friends, and acts like I don't even exist. I'm so so so sorry to rant, but it makes me so mad! I've never done anything bad to him, ever, and I don't understand why he feels the need to blow hot and cold like that. Anyone else had anything like that/ do any lads know what's going on in his head!? Why doesn't he just cut me off and more importantly, why does he keep saying these 'nice' things despite the fact that the whole blanking thing makes it painfully obvious he doesn't mean what he's saying!?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Why does he do this? - February 8th 2012, 11:28 PM

If I could see into his head for you, I would,
but in my opinion, he likes you, but he doesn't want to seem too desperate. Maybe during the time he blanks, you move in and do the talking, talk about something you know he's interested in or something...

Hope I helped a bit,
-G.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Why does he do this? - February 9th 2012, 01:48 AM

Ahh, hes using the old trickarroh!

See, girls and boys both use this. You re his sideline 'friend' or 'friend with benefits' if you want to even say that. He knows that no matter when he calls, texts, messages, etc, you will always answer. He is keeping you on the sideline - and using you for support, (or other things) when he WANTS to. You are basically a second choice to him - and a part time friend that he obviously doesn't care to much about.

I think that you need to break up this 'part time' friendship and sideline thing and move on to a better guy and a better friend. He obviously has chosen to come and go as he pleases - so show him that you aren't there to be a second choice or a part time friend.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread