TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 02:40 AM

Sorry that I seem to have a lot of problems with my friends. I'm just not good at always dealing with things.

So anyways, I have three best friends. Two guys and a girl. One named Allan. One named Caleb. And one named Val. Allan promised to go to Warped Tour with me since we first became friends...now he has a girlfriend and the girlfriend comes before a best friend. I'm not okay with that and he knows it. He made a promise to go with me, someone he's known for about a year. He's been dating this girl for a month. He "doesn't want to disrespect her." and she thinks I'm gonna do something with him because I USE to be in love with him. So, I don't want him coming with me and I've made that clear to him. Then I asked Caleb one time and he said sure, but now he's saying he's going with another friend. So...I MAY see him there, but he's gonna be moshing. Then my girl best friend isn't good with concerts because of her heart, but I want to go with her more then anyone and a girl. My sister is taking me with her best friend, but she won't let me hang with them. I have other friends, but their all guys and I don't want to take a guy with me because I've gotten into fights with all of them. I'm not a good one at making new friends that like what I like, but I really need some new friends and I know. Plus, I really want someone who's a girl, who can sleepover, who likes what I like, and I can share things with. So, I guess it's...do I take Allan and more the less have it be bad? He'll find people he knows there and leave me all alone or make me tag along with them. Try to make new friends? Even though I have no clue how to do that. Or beg Val and get her more the less hurt badly? Which, I don't want.

P.S. I do have another friends, but all guys and I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a concert with them.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 03:17 AM

Hey jessie. I wouldnt go with Allan if its just going to be a bad time, what would be the point? And its nice that you dont want to take Val because you dont want her to get hurt. So making some new friends would probably be best

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_crossd View Post
Hey jessie. I wouldnt go with Allan if its just going to be a bad time, what would be the point? And its nice that you dont want to take Val because you dont want her to get hurt. So making some new friends would probably be best
It's how Allan always is, don't even ask me why I'm still his friend because I have no clue. There is no point, but I wouldn't mind spending time with him. Yeah, Val's been my best friend for 11 years, so I'm really protective of her. I don't know how or where to make new friends. I don't go to school, I'm home schooled.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 03:32 AM

Hm, maybe you can just go out somewhere near where you live, like a park or something? Or meet someone while at Warped Tour

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Hm, maybe you can just go out somewhere near where you live, like a park or something? Or meet someone while at Warped Tour
Around here, teens aren't really the same as me. I can't go without someone, my sister is taking me and I can't leave her side if I don't have a friend with me.

sphynx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 03:50 AM

Then just go with her. Are you two close/get along well?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Then just go with her. Are you two close/get along well?
It depends. If she's in a bad mood, we won't get along and plus her best friend is coming, so we more the less won't get along. Plus, we don't like the same bands at all.

sphynx

(#8 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 04:11 AM

That sucks =/
But I think you should still go and have fun. Nothing wrong with goin by yourself. Just go to enjoy the music and your fave bands

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
That sucks =/
But I think you should still go and have fun. Nothing wrong with goin by yourself. Just go to enjoy the music and your fave bands
Well, you see, only being sixteen, my parents won't let me go alone. I WILL have to stay with my sister.

sphynx

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 05:36 AM

Hey there, Jessie...nice name. =]

Have you ever met Allan's girlfriend? I know that it may be hard to swallow hard feelings if he shrugs you off for her, but perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to go with the two of them. Who knows; maybe you will hit it off with her and become good friends!

Making new friends, however, is always a great idea. I was home-schooled most of my life, so I understand how difficult it can be to meet people. Perhaps you could join a team sport, or a club in your area? You could also try volunteering at your local animal shelter, hospital, etc. All of these things will cause you to work with others, and could help you meet potential friends.

Good luck, and I hope you have a blast at Warped Tour!

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazola View Post
Hey there, Jessie...nice name. =]

Have you ever met Allan's girlfriend? I know that it may be hard to swallow hard feelings if he shrugs you off for her, but perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to go with the two of them. Who knows; maybe you will hit it off with her and become good friends!

Making new friends, however, is always a great idea. I was home-schooled most of my life, so I understand how difficult it can be to meet people. Perhaps you could join a team sport, or a club in your area? You could also try volunteering at your local animal shelter, hospital, etc. All of these things will cause you to work with others, and could help you meet potential friends.

Good luck, and I hope you have a blast at Warped Tour!
Thanks.

No...I haven't since I don't want to know anything about her. Every rule he had for me, he broke for her. Every reason he said he didn't want to date me, he's dating her when every reason is the same. I see no reason to meet her because I'm gonna hate her for taking him away from me, as in...best friend way. He won't do anything with me without asking her. Plus, she's not going because she hates that music.

I can't do anything with blood and I'm no good at sports. I wanted to help at the hospital, but anything with body parts or blood, anything along though lines...I get sick and pass out.

sphynx

(#12 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 06:49 AM

Well, theres always the local food bank! I did community service at mine once and I actually thought it was kind of fun, you just pack boxes with food that will be shipped out to people. Maybe Im just a weirdo

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Well, theres always the local food bank! I did community service at mine once and I actually thought it was kind of fun, you just pack boxes with food that will be shipped out to people. Maybe Im just a weirdo
I don't know if we do that around here, we're not a good city.

sphynx

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Warped Tour...alone? - March 30th 2009, 11:07 PM

Hey Jessie,

I know you were saying that you know a friend going, but he'll be moshing for the most part. Is this your plan as well?
If you're not planning on moshing, I'd say to take Val with you. I'm sure you can still have fun without potentially getting hurt.
If you don't feel like going with Val, maybe you can meet some of the friends your other friends know who are going. This might be uncomfortable at first, but as you get to know them, it will probably be fine.
From my experience, concerts aren't exactly a social event. I've been with friends, but for the most part we just enjoyed the music. I'm not sure if Warped Tour is any different, but just think about how much time you'd spend talking to the people you're going with.
It sucks that there aren't very many options for you, but I hope you still have a good time.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread