TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

HANG UP! >___< - February 28th 2012, 12:00 PM

Ugh. Whenever my friend phones me he will stay on the phone for about an hour and a half. He sometimes phones me asking me if I want to go out somewhere with him. I then I say I have to get dressed but he will not hang up the phone to let me get dressed >____< then he has a go at me for not getting ready you're on the fucking phone to me.

I was just on the phone to him for an hour because he didn't want to sit on the train on his own not talking to anyone. It's not my responsibility to talk to you on the train >____< I'm not even with you.

What REALLY annoys me is sometimes he makes me phone him back. He will stay on the phone for hours. I'm either wasting all my credit or I'm on my house phone and my mum is screaming at me because it costs too much money.

I dread answering the phone to him sometimes as I know I'll be talking to him for ages; it even hurts my hand >____<

The worst thing is we don't talk about anything important :/ he could tell me half of the stuff on Facebook chat.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Last edited by Make Believe; February 28th 2012 at 12:09 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: HANG UP! >___< - February 28th 2012, 12:28 PM

You should talk to him about it because unless you do, he won't know how you feel about it. I can understand it's annoying though and in some of the situations, you can just be honest and tell him you need to end the call as you don't want to be wasting your or your parents money when you've got nothing to talk about and say that you can't have such long calls or you'll need to take it in turns because it's unfair of you to be spending so much on the calls.

I'm sure if you just talk to him about it, he'll understand especially if you say there is other ways to talk like text, facebook chat, msn etc.

Last edited by Skeleton; February 28th 2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Changing what I said.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: HANG UP! >___< - February 28th 2012, 01:10 PM

I have >.> he then says he'll stop in future but won't. He'll say "just five more minutes" which turns into fifty. If I just hang up on him he's probably stop talking to me >.>

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: HANG UP! >___< - February 29th 2012, 01:59 AM

I had an aquintance in grade 11, didn't care for him all that much but he would frequently call me and talk about stupid crap I had no interest in. Like you, I played along to entertain him but if I have to take a dump, drive somewhere or something I considered more important, I told him I have to go and I'll call back later. This never got through to him so I told him to say whatever he called me about in 30 seconds because afterward I'm hanging up. I timed it and right after 30 seconds, I hung up. When he called me back ranting and raving, I told him I made it clear I was very busy but he refused to listen. Granted, he wasn't as stuck on me as your friend is with not wanting to be on the train with nobody to talk to, although he could talk a door to boredom if you let him stay on the phone long enough.

It's not polite but then again, it's not polite when he doesn't respect your wishes, let alone get annoyed you're not dressed. If I were you, I'd use the strategy of telling him you'll hang up in ____ seconds, so say what it is you phoned about, otherwise too bad. It may not make you popular with him but tell him, either on the phone or in-person, especially after he's angry you hung up that you cannot stand a 5-minute conversation turning into a 50-minute conversation over mindless crap he could very well post on Facebook, as well as he's chewing up your minutes. Let him know you're still willing to talk on the phone but only of more important issues or of pointless crap as long as he respects your wishes. Assuming he's around your age, he's a big boy, he should know how to have a proper phone conversation:

[Edited by chrisjackson911: Removed video due to content being Non-PG13 and overly explicit.]

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Last edited by Chris; February 29th 2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Removal of explicit video.

Closed Thread