TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

need to get this out... :( - March 31st 2009, 02:30 AM

You're cutting and depression scared me to death...it still scares me. But perhaps what scared me the most is that I never noticed when I should have. The image of you in the bathroom with blood running down your arm is what I see EVERY time I walk upstairs. I worry about you all the time and Im scared that it will all happen again. Not a day goes by that I don't worry about you. I love you sooo much and it killed me to see you like that. When I was gone for those twelve days on that trip I worried constantly I was right. Things were shitty for you. All those times I talked t you on the phone while I was there I lied I wasn't having a good time. In case you didn't notice I was crying on the other end. (It would kill me to tell you this but I cut now)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: need to get this out... :( - March 31st 2009, 02:46 AM

Hi there,

I'm really glad you were able to get this out. Keeping it inside wont do you any good, and talking about these things can really help to cope and think things through.

First of all, this person is really lucky to have you to care about her like you do. You're a really great friend for phoning her up and seeing how she's doing and trying to make her feel better.

I think you should take some time to go through things for yourself as well. You are just as important as this person no matter how many times you would put them before yourself. You deserve to be happy too- even when you need to leave people behind when you go on vacation. Trust that they want you to be happy, just like you want them to be happy. Be there for the people you care about, but be there for yourself too.

Also, you should probably read through some Alternatives to Self Harm. They might help you cope with your feelings and get out some of this emotion without causing harm to you. Keeping a journal might be a good idea. You could also suggest some of these to this person you care about as well.

Stay strong and be safe.
PM me anytime you want to talk.

Nat.

EDIT: I'm going to mark this thread as 'Triggering', feel free to message me about this if you have any concerns.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Last edited by Strider; March 31st 2009 at 10:01 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: need to get this out... :( - March 31st 2009, 01:21 PM

Amystery.

Firstly, i find it really nice of you to be so concerned of your brother . You're clearly a nice individual to care so much proves that you're very passionate and you care a lot for other people, which are qualities that make a very nice person and makes people special

and you know, it might be wise to stop cutting.. this is because you have to be your brother's source of strength. You have to call him and keep telling him that you're always going to be there for him The first and most important thing of overcoming this is the knowledge that there's always someone to listen to and help when one's feeling down take care of that.. and your brother will soon be okay

and you know, in case you need any support, remember that we're always here, and so are the rest of everyone who cares for you

always here in case you need someone to talk to

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
falcon93 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: need to get this out... :( - April 5th 2009, 06:45 PM

aw sweetie im so glad that you were able to get this out venting about things that your mad about help you alot. maybe you should see a counselor and talk about how your feeling and they could really help you. there is alot of people out there to help you just have to ask and they will help you pm me anytime id be more than happy to listen!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: need to get this out... :( - April 6th 2009, 10:41 PM

thnx you guys. It really helped to just be able to get this out without having any repercussions come out of it. But as for the counselor I don't think that's the right thing for me right now. I don't really talk about my feelings well and ya...living in a small town stuff like that seems to get spread around pretty fast.

Enough of my rambling though. I just wanted to say thanks, I really appreciate your replies =)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: need to get this out... :( - April 7th 2009, 10:14 AM

becca, dont mention it we want to help because we care!

and you know, i still think you have to tell someone having someone to listen, helps. find someone you trust and you know is caring, of course.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread