TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
katpanda Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kat

Apparently I am more mature than my mother. - March 4th 2012, 04:40 AM

In the past few months me and my mum have had countless problems and whenever one occurs I go to my deputy prinicipal at school and tell her about it and sometimes another staff membe I trust and they both tell me from time to time that I seem to be more mature than my mum when it comes to sorting out things and even when I take this step she is just cold and blunt with me.

I am pretty much always the one to initiate a conversation to fix something and I am over having to make the first move. She sits there making it seem like she thinks I am okay with whatever has happened but she acts like that to cover the fact that she knows I am pissed off. I just want her to be the parent and help me sort all the problems she has with me out.

Another thing, my school wants to give me some help both with mentoring and finance if I need it so I can get to university and I mentioned this to mum and she got angry at me because they told me first and not her and said she wouldnt agree to it. But, its like, its my future and not hers and she has always said she wants me to do better than she did so her denying me support would stop me from potentially reaching my goal. She has little logic and she knows that. She gets angry at me for being my literal and logical than her, its just the way I am and it really makes me angry when she makes me feel shit because I interpret things in ways different to her.

I just want her to step up and make the first move, I have done so much for her whether she realises it or not and I am sick of feeling like crap all the time because of her.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Dylan

Re: Apparently I am more mature than my mother. - March 4th 2012, 05:35 AM

Sometimes, maturity isn't based on age. I know plenty of 15 year olds who are more mature than me (usually girls) and I'm 20. I believe once you hit 18, you can sign Financial Aid papers yourself. I think it's called FAFSA.

It is good that you are seeking help through trusted adults. That's a huge step in fixing your problems.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
katpanda Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kat

Re: Apparently I am more mature than my mother. - March 4th 2012, 12:30 PM

FAFSA? I am from Australia, so I am quite sure they don't have that here, or maybe they do have something of the like.
I have been getting help from these trusted figures since about half way through last year and it seems the degree of the issues escalate everytime and so does the aftermath.
I know I just need to stick it out until I finish senior school but it is so hard when you have a mother who seems to hold you back and sometimes her actions are out of her control but a majority of the time they are.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Dylan

Re: Apparently I am more mature than my mother. - March 4th 2012, 05:05 PM

I'm originally from Australia (New Castle). Unless something has changed in 4 years, you can still sign it when you're 18. 8D

Closed Thread