TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

What's been going on - March 7th 2012, 11:47 PM

I have now been asked to leave college and not return until my exams due to problems with friends.

A prank was played on me by two of my so called friends which involved wrecking my dorm room and spilling juice everywhere, throwing things at me and even using spray tan on me.

I told them i didn't think it was funny and i was annoyed (no loud voices, bad names or fighting), they said it was a joke, i said it wasn't a funny one and i haven't been spoken to since.

I went home to get anti anxiety medication to calm me down with the positive attitude that when i return this "domestic" will be sorted, they then came into my room to get their stuff (from my roommates side) and didn't say a whole word to me when they promised we'd chat, along with saying i hadn't done anything wrong. The rest of the group has now also decided not to speak to me and blank me, i got hysterical in my room in front of my roommate, she then left too. I ended up speaking to the woman in charge (domestic bursar) and she calmed me down, what she didn't know is that i'd taken ALL of my anti anxiety medication and felt really unwell, i then went to my room.

I returned to my room to find my roommate had taken her mattress, duvet and pillows to the other girls room because they were scared of me, i then finished off the rest of my medication because i had returned to the stupid girl that didn't have any friends.

The domestic bursar has came in and seen the empty pill packets and drove me to the hospital, i was kept in. What i've since found out is lies have been spread about me, i apparantly had a fight with my roommate and had been fighting with everyone else. I returned to the college to find that they no longer wanted me there because i'd made myself so ill from depression. I have done nothing wrong and im being victimized, ive also found lovely comments on this girls social network page saying the following about me:

1. dreading tomorrow.. had an argument with one of the girls, shes gone home an back tomorrow.. not ready to speak to her.
2. Having a sleepover with 3 of the girls, feared for our lives earlier cause of the other girl. This shit is not funny
3. so glad i feel safe enough to sleep in my own room tonight. drama queen has been removed from accommodation/college

First of all, there was no argument, i said i didn't appreciate the prank, that should have been the end of it?
Secondly, you feared for your lives? What was i gonna do, drown you with my tears?
Thirdly, I have not been removed in the way your thinking of and if im the drama queen why are you the one putting childish comments on twitter for the world to see?

Im extremely upset, i don't know what to do, i want them punished cause it's bullying and isn't making me better, i can't stop crying, animal care was the one thing i was passionate about and loved and now i can't even go to class or touch an animal, i have to rely on revision notes.

Any words of encouragement would be welcoming, please.

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: What's been going on - March 9th 2012, 12:40 AM

WOW. Katie, I am so sorry to hear about your situation - that is not fair at all! Just to clarify, did your roommates ask you to leave, or did the school's administration ask you to leave?

It sounds like these girls either thrive on drama, or they are genuinely ignorant about your mental illness and don't know what you are capable of. It also sounds like some of these girls may have felt embarrassed/ashamed after pranking you, and instead of working up the courage to apologize and discuss the problem with you, they avoided you (which obviously made you feel even worse and overdose on your medication).

If your roommates have asked you to leave (but you're not being forced to leave by the school's administration), then I would write a letter (not too long, maybe 5 minutes of reading time) and request that a dorm meeting be held. In your letter, explain how the pranking made you feel, how you felt when they avoided you, how those feelings caused you to behave in certain ways, how you are not a danger to them, and how you want to work through this problem and have a decent relationship with your roommates again (I'm not promising you'll be friends again, but at least you can all be civil toward each other).

If the school's administration has asked you to leave, then I would still consider writing the letter, and asking the domestic bursar to read the letter to your roommates. I'm guessing you'll be returning to your dorm room after exams? Or will you be living in another dorm room or off-campus for the rest of your time at the university?

Hang in there, Katie. This problem does NOT have to prevent you from obtaining your degree and achieving your career goals. =)

Closed Thread