TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FuturesEnd45 Offline
Not a n00b

Cool advice on making a friend - March 23rd 2012, 08:59 AM

there is someone ive wanted to to be friends with for a while. He lives on my block and trough facebook stalking i confirmed that we like the same music and other stuff [ ive had my suspisons trough t shirts i see him walk around in... ] and he also goes to the college im going too [ i know his mom well and she told me when i told her where im going ] but i dont have a facebook and was using my twins so i cant add him or anything and befriend him trough the internet

I know he works at the movies tough! because sometimes hes my cashier or at the snack bar thing i was thinking of just telling him flat out who i am, that i live on his block and we should hang out one day or something but is that weird?

im really super shy and everytime were walking down the street past eachother or hes handing me a ticket i get so nervous that if i introduce myself hell think im a stalker or something.

so long story short- you think i should just do it? say we live on the same block and we should chill?
  Send a message via AIM to FuturesEnd45  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: advice on making a friend - March 23rd 2012, 08:00 PM

YES! YES! YES! He wont think you are a stalker. It seems that you lack alot of confidence, and the truth is, you need to understand that not everyone in the world is against you or is there to reject you. There is NO harm in introducing yourself to him and saying you see him around town often. You can also tell him that you guys have lived down the street from one another and should maybe hangout some time! Saying simple things like that will not make you come off as weird or stalkerish. It is simply you being friendly and introducing yourself!

Unfortunately, I often see teens with the lack of confidence or 'shyness'. Its something that we all need to grow out of or we wont get anywhere fast. So go up to him, introduce yourself, if you see him walking down the street give him a wave or talk to him. Slowly, but surely you are creating a friendship (it wont happen over night - it takes time).

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions/concerns.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FuturesEnd45 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: advice on making a friend - March 23rd 2012, 09:58 PM

ah thank you ;w; yeah i have a problem with confidence and introducing myself but i think if i see him again im gonna try and make an effort
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: advice on making a friend - March 23rd 2012, 10:30 PM

Your twin is friends with him? If so, that could be another great way of introducing yourself: "Hey! I'm Lea, So-and-So's twin. I've seen you around and just wanted to introduce myself. Maybe we can hang out sometime, since we're neighbors and will be going to the same school!"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
FuturesEnd45 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: advice on making a friend - March 24th 2012, 02:36 AM

no :> i just cant search facebook w.o an account so i used his laptop! haha
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
cat4hurricane Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alexander

Re: advice on making a friend - March 24th 2012, 02:55 AM

Be as nice to him as you can, that always works, maybe say" I've seen you around and want to introduce myself' or something! Don't worry! Be yourself,

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: advice on making a friend - March 24th 2012, 05:38 AM

You should definantly come up and talk to him!!! I think id be wierd if you didn't come up and talk to him especially if you live on the same block. Like others said start off with a smile and work your way up to a hello. And so on. You'll be just fine don't worry about a thing. I bet he's just as worried to meet you You'll do great!

"If I could just unzip my skin, step out of this body, then I would see who I really am. -Wintergirls

FREE HUGS

Closed Thread