TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cap's girl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassady(or Cass)

I'm a horrible person - March 27th 2012, 02:49 AM

I really really hurt this guy i like, i mislead him and lied to him....ive apologized and apologized and he said that its no big deal, but when we talk i feel so guilty and sometimes i feel like he doesnt wanna talk to me....not that i blame him.....im so confused...help?

Last edited by Cap's girl; March 27th 2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Moved to Friends and Family, as I felt it was better suited here.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Cap's girl  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: I'm a horrible person - March 27th 2012, 05:18 AM

we need more info, what are you feeling guilty about exactly? it's hard to help without knowing whats going on.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I'm a horrible person - March 27th 2012, 10:58 AM

Seeing as I don't know what the situation is, it's hard to say exactly what you should do but from what you've said if you've apologised and he has accepted your apology and said it's okay then I'd say it was okay but if he is acting like it's still bothering him or whatever than maybe talk to him about it, ask him if it really is okay, if there is anything you can do to make it okay. Other than that, all I can suggest that you try and forget about it, I know it's easier said that done sometimes especially if you're feeling guilty about something but there really isn't much more you can do, unless of course he says there is.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I'm a horrible person - March 27th 2012, 04:08 PM

Hey, everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure you didn't mean to mislead him, and if you've apologized then there really isn't much more you can do. If you still think something's wrong with him, even though he's said it's no big deal, than maybe ask him- it might be personal, and nothing to do with what you did

Be careful not to overwhelm him. Just let him know you're always there if he wants to talk. He'll talk in his own time, if he wants.

Good luck!

Take as long as you need.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Cap's girl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm a horrible person - March 27th 2012, 04:35 PM

thank you
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Re: I'm a horrible person - March 29th 2012, 08:08 AM

First of all I want to say that you're not horrible. Just like Laura said, everybody makes mistakes and you're one of the brave people who's willing to admit your fault and apologize. That's something. Many people don't even bother to apologize after they hurt others.

Now, since you've apologized to him and he told you that it's not a big deal I think you shouldn't be worrying too much. And somehow after what had happened between the two of you (I don't know how bad it was), you can't expect him to just talk to you as if nothing happened or as much as before. You see, sometimes for some people, things that happen in their life could be a life-changing experience. Give him sometimes to heal and recover.

I don't know how close you are to him but if you're close enough to know that he's actually still hurting even after you apologized, then the best thing is just to talk to him once more about this. Ask him whether there's anything you can do to make him feel better. After all, you're the one who knows him.

I hope everything turns out well with the two of you. Good luck.

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Cap's girl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm a horrible person - March 29th 2012, 05:58 PM

i still feel like a horrible person, i can't believe i hurt him.....it makes me want to cry everytime i see him....i think im just going to get out of his life for good....i havent been very good for him, he'll be better off if i leave him alone
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
matt30822 Offline
N7 Elite Psych
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm a horrible person - April 1st 2012, 09:44 AM

If you like being with him then you should keep talking to him. Don't be afraid to talk to him every now and again - you have apologized for your mistake and now it will simply take time for things between you and him to get better. It will eventually as long as you keep engaging with him.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread