TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cotourby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Corby

Question How Can I Get My Life Back? - April 2nd 2009, 02:13 AM

So, basically, I'm a senior in high school, I'm graduating soon, and my life sucks. I used to have a life, a pretty good one, but now it sucks. I had a pretty good set of freinds last year, a decent social life (I mean, I did spend a few Friday nights home alone evey once in a while, but I was perfectly fine with that), and I felt pretty happy in general. But for some odd reason, most of my freinds from last year just sort of started ignoring me earlier this year, and I have no idea why. I can't even approach them without feeling incredibly awkward and unwanted. I mean, I do have a few close freinds, but not nearly as many as I did last year, and I almost never go out anymore.

Also, I'm pretty sure my relationship with my boyfreind of four months is over, and I'm sick of sitting around depressed about it. I need to get out and get on with my life, and have some fun. And to do that, I need my life to be how it used to be, when I was happy and busy and had a much better social life.

But my question is, how can I get my life back? How can I get back in touch with my old freinds, and even make new freinds? How can I get a better love life? This is the end of my senior year, and I should be having fun, which I'm not. So how can I take the initiative to make my life more like how it used to be?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ashley-Dawn Offline
The new me will be alright
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Re: How Can I Get My Life Back? - April 2nd 2009, 05:47 PM

hey

i have found myself in the same situation as you before. It's a pretty depressing situation.

you kind of have to get yourself back out there. talk to your old friends on the computer,see whats up?

i find that if you show confidence in yourself while you are out in public or just act really nice or if you go to a random party just start talking to people. the worst they can do is ignore you.

I dont get out much now, because of family issues going on, but i find when i go out i make the most of it. Communication is key with making new friends. Heck i'll be your friend! =)

take care
  Send a message via MSN to Ashley-Dawn  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: How Can I Get My Life Back? - April 2nd 2009, 06:27 PM

Hey Corby. I know that this a tough situation, and it's not at all a fun one to be in. Have you tried talking to your friends about this, or just inviting them to go out and do something together? Maybe if you take the initiative of asking, then they'll be more likely to say yes and go out and do something with you. As for making new friends, are there any activities either in or out of school that you happen to enjoy? You could join some kind of club, even outside of school, that would help you meet some new people with some similar interests as you may have. Most of all, try to really step up and just be you. Act friendly and outgoing, and just be yourself, and people will like you even more. You're guaranteed to make friends, you just have to get yourself out there to make it happen.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: How Can I Get My Life Back? - April 2nd 2009, 11:03 PM

Hi Corby,

I've heard that senior year is dreadfully difficult with the work load and everything, and it's hard to get together with people when they are all so busy. Maybe your friends are just getting overloaded or stressed out recently.

The best thing to do would just be to call up your friends and find out times when they could hang out. Just get them together and spend some time with them. Lack of communication is usually what starts this kind of drifting.

I think that if it is over with your boyfriend, you shouldn't draw it out for a long time. If moving on is important to you right now, and if you think that breaking up would be the right thing, then you should go with your instinct. However, if you think that things could get better between you two and you just need more time with him, then don't break it off right away. Do what is right for you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread