TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Becky

Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 13th 2012, 04:22 PM

Just because i want to keep me and my brother together everyones making me out to be the bad guy. I don't want to be alone and I'm the bad guy for wanting to stop me and my brother from getting split up in foster care. Everyones saying I need to put him first but I'm going sound selfish, what about me? Why am I always in the wrong? Why does everything have to be about him?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sadheart1994 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 13th 2012, 04:33 PM

Im not going to pretend like i know what foster care is like but im also not going to sit here and call you a bad guy. I would hate to be separated from my brother as well so i dont blame you i swear i think your doing the right thing because if you get separated it could be stressful on him as well so i think you are doing whats right for both of you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 13th 2012, 06:02 PM

Becky, it's unclear if you're reading the responses to your posts. But, the last one described what was pretty clearly a dangerous situation..your brother was shooting drugs into his veins, yes? What ever happened with that?

It's understandable that you;d want to hang onto someone from family..but if he's an addict, then it might be best for him to go elsewhere, at least until he get's it together for himself.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 13th 2012, 06:23 PM

I want him to get the help he needs but once they manage to keep us apart they won't let us see eachother. its 4 and a half years till i turn 18 and gain rights to find my family, i'm not going to last that long ALONE in foster care. he's shooting up drugs, yes he hit me, but since then he hasn't done anything to me. Why am i so bad for wanting to keep us together, when it could be a one time thing when he hurt me. I want to keep me and my brother together, is thast so bad?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 13th 2012, 06:28 PM

Becky, you will always be his family...they're not sending him to the moon..you can stay in touch!... He needs help, you have to help him get that, even if it means a temporary separation.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 13th 2012, 06:30 PM

It won't be temporary, he will go back to my mum or dad, they will make me stay in foster care, they won't want me back if they only have him.

And to get off drugs you have to want help and i doubt he wants help so I don't think it would be worth it to try anyways.

Last edited by Chris; April 13th 2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added information from post made after this one: (combined posts).

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Why does everyone make me out to be the bad guy? - April 15th 2012, 03:56 PM

I'm so sorry if I made you feel like that. That is so not what I meant. I just want you to be safe. Now if you're brother gets the help and ends up with your parents again.....didn't you say he would only go back if they take you too? So if he gets better and ends up at home again...wouldn't he be thinking straight and talk your parents into bringing you home? You never know you might have done something amazing for both of you.

"There wouldn't be a song called 'You Found Me' had God known'How to Save a Life.'"

"Concern yourself with only your matters." -E.A.W.

R.I.P. Tatyana Sawka June 20, 1998- April 9, 2012
R.I.P. Patch Herrmann January 29, 2000- Decmeber 6, 2012

Closed Thread