TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxxskittlesxxx Offline
helloooo :D
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sophie

is it just me being selfish? - April 3rd 2009, 12:32 PM

so my mum got rushed to hospital. shees coming home today. i hav spent the past 3 days doing 8 hours of drama for my exam i have just done, i am so pooped and just want to relax with my mates down the road for the night and stay over but dad on the other hand is getting stressy and shouting at me because HE wants to go out when he has been out all bloody week!!!!!!!!!!! i have been out 2 times this week and i just want to rest.........
i asked my dad if my brother could stay in and look after mum cuz i just wanted some space and so he screamed at me telling me to "sod off out my house and go live with your mates if you're that botherd"
i just want some space to clear my head from this drama practical exam , i got lines going through my head and i am so tyerd! last thing i want to do is run around after mum. i know that sounds selfish but i really am quite down at the moment.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

I AM A BANANA

imi , sophie , me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wanderlust Offline
zz
Junior TeenHelper

Re: is it just me being selfish? - April 3rd 2009, 12:36 PM

It reasonable to want your own space especially with the exam coming up. I think if it was put to you in a more reasonable way you probably would've stayed with your mom or something.

If she really needs you though, would you consider putting yourself out? I know its not easy and I'm not saying your wrong or selfish, but it would be really nice of you to do it.

(i do agree your dad is beig a little unfair, and is it the same in your house that boys get away with murder??)

A single thread in a tapestry
Through its color brightly shine
Can never see its purpose
In the pattern of the grand design

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: is it just me being selfish? - April 3rd 2009, 01:33 PM

Hey Sophie. :]

I know it's really tough right now but just try and calm down about everything. This won't last forever, so you just have to hang in there until things get a little better.

I know you may feel your parents are being really unfair, but unless they will listen to you, sadly there's not a whole lot you can do.

So try and make the best out of the situation! Your mom must under a lot of stress right now, with being sick and everything, so maybe you could stay and help her out? Just for a little bit. Work out a schedule with your family maybe, and ye all take turns in staying in.

You could use this as an opportunity to mend things between you and your mother, and she she'll remember how you helped her, the next time you're looking for a favor from her!

I know it's a pain right now, but just hang in there. Things will get easier soon.

Take care of yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: is it just me being selfish? - April 3rd 2009, 05:44 PM

Hi Sophie
I'm sorry that things at home have been so stressful for you and you're not being given the opportunity to get away for awhile. It sounds like your whole family is under a lot of stress right now, and maybe all they need is some time to cool off and settle down. It does sound like a lot of chaos around there. I agree that maybe you guys need some kind of schedule and plan. Maybe tell your dad and your brother that you'll stay home with your mom today, but that tomorrow it's your turn to go out. All of you are going to have to sacrifice some of your time, unfortunately. Just try and speak with your family and make sure that the time you have away from the house is divided up evenly, because you deserve some time to yourself just as much as they do. Things will improve for your soon, I'd just give it some time, and try to take some time for yourself even if it's just sitting in your room for a couple of hours listening to some music and such. Take care. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxxskittlesxxx Offline
helloooo :D
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sophie

Re: is it just me being selfish? - April 4th 2009, 10:26 AM

its all sorted my brother never ended up coming home wich was dead selfish of him but my dad came home at 11 especially so i could go stay out for the night. came home all happy cuz i got to spend the night with chris <3
gonna go get the house cleaned for mum now =]
thanks for your replys people =] x

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

I AM A BANANA

imi , sophie , me

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: is it just me being selfish? - April 4th 2009, 05:29 PM

I'm really happy that this got sorted out, Sophie. That was really nice of your dad. And I hope you had a good time with your friends.

I'll close this now, since it's sorted, but feel free to message me any time, or make a new thread if something comes up.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread