TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlowerKiss Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joy

Juice cleanse - June 7th 2012, 07:26 PM

Everyone knows what that is right? Basically it is where you make our own juice and you ONLY drink that. I have found some good recipes that promise some good effects on my skin/weight/iron what do you guys think of it? Is it healthy? Have you tried it?
  Send a message via AIM to FlowerKiss  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Juice cleanse - June 8th 2012, 12:06 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad but if you do it you'd need to be careful. Some questions I think need to be asked, such as how long are you thinking of restricting to just liquids? Obviously doing it for an extended period of time is unsafe. Also, if you think you have any sensitivity to developing an eating disorder it's best to steer clear of any type of fasting because that could trigger it. (so basically if you have low self-esteem, perfectionism, control-issues, etc. I would strongly advise against this) I've never tried it but I know of people who've done it. I think the main thing here is that if you do it, you need to pay close attention to your body. If you feel any adverse effects then it's time to stop the cleanse and eat something. I don't know if you're allowed vitamins during the cleanse but if so it would be good if you took some. Anyway, that's just my opinion. (Granted I have an ED so my view of what's safe may be distorted.)

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Juice cleanse - June 10th 2012, 06:43 PM

I agree with Emily, I don't really like the sound of it, but that's more because I'm prone to restricting pretty badly. I would have thought that it would be healthier to try eating all natural products, or cut out additives or something as a cleanse, not restrict to just juice. Might be alright over a short period of time though. If you did it for very long you wouldn't get any protein or important things like that.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlowerKiss Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joy

Re: Juice cleanse - June 11th 2012, 04:44 AM

Yeah I was thinking maybe 3 days at the most but if nothing else I can go back to eating. Eating disorders though? I maybe a good candidate, but I have a good system who will not let me develop me
  Send a message via AIM to FlowerKiss  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Juice cleanse - June 11th 2012, 05:23 AM

I would strongly suggest seeing a doctor to discuss this before embarking on any sort of fast or cleanse - your doctor can let you know what you need, and how long it's safe to do for, as things like this vary with everyone, and what's safe for one person may not be safe for another.

That being said, I know a small group of people (3) who last year did a 7 day fast where they were only allowed liquids. They were doing it for spiritual reasons though, not for health reasons, and all were in good mental and physical condition at the time.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Juice cleanse - June 12th 2012, 04:38 AM

I would like to start out by saying that right now I'm going through nutritional therapy for Crohn's disease that requires me to go on an all liquid diet. However instead of juice I'm on a specific formula.

Before you do this you should consult with your doctor or a dietitian first to make a specific plan for yourself. You need to make sure that you're getting an appropriate amount of calories and vitamins for yourself.

Next up, if you decide to do this, it won't be as easy as you may think. Take it from somebody who's been doing this for 25 days, if you go long term with it you probably will get cravings and they will not be pleasant. All liquids can also make social events a bit awkward merely because people ask you why you're not eating and there's obviously food surrounding you.

I'm certainly not trying to convince you not to do this, I'm just saying to think long and hard about it first because it is not an easy thing to do.

May I also add before I end this comment that you will have to pee A LOT, so keep that in mind when making a decision; especially if you have a job or are going through some sort of schooling at this point.
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
Closed Thread