TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Viper1996 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 7,919, Level: 13 Points: 7,919, Level: 13 Points: 7,919, Level: 13

Your favourite recipe? - August 22nd 2013, 10:40 AM

Whether it be a starter, main or dessert, what's your favourite recipe to make ?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: Your favourite recipe? - August 22nd 2013, 12:59 PM

gah this is hard since I love cooking...but based on what I know how to make but it would go along with one of my favorite foods and that would be tabouleh it's soo so good but the preparing is difficult so I usually do it with my dad. Something I can do all by myself (like the big girl I am) is pasta with tomato sauce. I love saute-ing onion, garlic, mushroom (and whatever else I can find in the fridge like bell pepper etc) on the side and then adding it to the sauce. I don't have a recipe that I use because I experiment a lot and I don't do things exactly like the time before. Improvising in the kitchen is fun.
tabouleh (salad)

It's hard to find the link for the pasta recipe :P because there's different styles for making pasta, and then when you find one you like you do that, and you can try different ones to see which ones you like best. For the tomato sauce, what I do is take a pot and put canned tomato sauce and I add water to it and heat it up like that. At the same time, I have a pan on a different stove. I add olive oil to it just enough so there's a thin layer across the pan. Then I chop onion, garlic, mushroom etc and keep stirring. If you put something like zuccini though, you should put it in first because it takes longer to cook. But mushroom, onion, garlic for example those don't need to be cooked as long because they're edible without it so they can go in after.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Your favourite recipe? - August 22nd 2013, 10:44 PM

My mom's banana bread recipe, though it's not unlike any other banana bread recipe I'm sure. Don't add nuts or anything though, just the bread.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread