Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar
   Halloween Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gloom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Need help quitting junk food! - February 18th 2014, 01:52 AM

I'm an 18 year old male who has the worst eating habits ever, which I'm beginning to think may be contributing to my insomnia, depression and low energy levels. I've started bodybuilding though, and I need to eat lots to gain weight because I have a very fast metabolism. Right now I'm 175cm, [EDITED] and try to go to the gym 4 times a week. The weight I'm aiming for is [EDITED]of muscle, a big/fit physique without going overboard.

I have take-away burgers, chicken and fries from places like McDonalds, KFC and ogalo almost every day. Pizza every week. I rarely have breakfast and if I do, it's chocolate, or jam donuts, or cookies. My parents try to make healthy dinners maybe 4 days a week, but I always just leave the veggies and can barely even get through meat, instead turning to something fattening/nice instead. I have low energy, frequent bad moods and pretty severe insomnia.

I won't be able to stop junk food cold turkey, but what are some ways to eat healthy but still maintain high calories/protein for gaining muscle/bulking up? I'm thinking stuff like scrambled eggs for breakfast, fried rice/pasta for lunch, etc. but I usually have no patience to cook proper meals, and in the mornings I usually sleep in to the last possible moment before going to work cause I'm so tired so haven't got time to cook breakfast.

I know this is long and lots of questions. But yeah. I need help with this. xD Some quick and easy-to-make healthy meals which are decent in calories/protein will help me out big time!

Last edited by Coffee.; February 18th 2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, they are against Code of Conduct. Thanks! :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Unlucky Guy Offline
Never lose HOPE ❤❤❤
Average Joe

Name: Kunal

Re: Need help quitting junk food! - February 18th 2014, 12:10 PM

Hey there...
Don't post your weight, its against the forum policy... and after reading your post, it seems like you already know about problems (insomnia, depression etc) your'e facing because of your eating habits, so i think its good that you are aware of it.
however if you have started bodybuilding then you should know that breakfast is the most important meal for you and eggs are best for it. other things you can have for lunch and dinner are fish and chicken however Vegetables are equally important so you should eat them a lot too.
but seriously, you should stop having take away food, it's really not good for you, its okay to have junk food occasionally but not regularly.
so just keep this simple tips in mind and it should help you...

When you think you are not happy with your LIFE,

Always know that someone is Happy simply because YOU exists...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Trying to figure my life out..
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Re: Need help quitting junk food! - February 18th 2014, 05:59 PM

Kunal said it all.. I hope that helps! Good luck!

Waiting is a sign of true love and patience,anyone can say "I love you" But not everyone can wait and prove it's true.

Some say it's painful to wait for someone,Some say it's painful to forget someone,But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.

Closed Thread