Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar
   Halloween Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Sriracha - March 29th 2017, 10:46 PM

Within the last month I finally tried the sauce of all sauce - Sriracha. i would say I'm addicted
I also bought some hummus that had sriracha in it and I ate the whole thing in 2 days. It's perfection.
Does anyone have any recipes that include sriracha? I mean I already put it in almost anything but I was looking to see if there are ways I can cook with it.

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Sriracha - March 29th 2017, 11:30 PM

I've made these before and they were really good; my brother devoured them. :P
This was good and these are good on salad and even plain.

I've made these and I didn't even get a single on before my brother and sister ate them all.

I've made something like this recipe except I used a cauliflower crust and didn't use the BBQ sauce.

You can also use it in stuffed mushrooms and they taste amazing.

This recipe was also fairly good as a starting point. I personally ommitted the fish sauce and peanut oil and added some other veggies.

You can make your own hummus as well and it tastes away better than the store bought stuff.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I can't get enough

Name: Oliver

Re: Sriracha - March 29th 2017, 11:42 PM

I love hot sauce. Sriracha is good, but my favorite brand is Cholula Hot Sauce (I don't know why it's better, but it is to me).

These are recipes that I have links for, but are just things I've learned along the way from either recipes or just experimenting. Pretty much all of these aren't vegetarian/vegan (you didn't specify if you were, so I'm sorry if you are!), but you can adjust most of these to any diet requirements and taste preferences. I also tend to not add salt to anything I cook because I cook for people who have high blood pressure, but you can add salt to things if you prefer it.

- Grilled cheese with hot sauce, avocado, and egg.
- Mac & cheese with hot sauce added with the cheese.
- Avocado and eggs on toast with hot sauce.
- Any type of burger with hot sauce mixed in before cooking (meat or veggie burgers, whatever you prefer).
- Rice with hot sauce. I put it in with the water when I cook it. Along with some garlic, onion, and pepper spices.
- For spaghetti, if I don't make homemade marinara sauce I'll just add a tablespoon of hot sauce to a small jar of store bought sauce. If it's homemade, I just skip the red pepper and cayenne pepper seasonings and substitute it with hot sauce.
- Hot sauce mixed in with mayonnaise, ketchup, or plain greek yoghurt as an improved condiment.
- This is a recipe, per se, but I like to add hot sauce to ramen noodles (or any kind of soup) because I am a broke college student.
- Garlic bread made with hot sauce. Mix hot sauce, minced garlic (I buy this pre-minced in a jar because it's cheaper and lasts longer), and melted butter. Then brush the mixture onto your choice of bread and top with parmesan cheese before broiling it in an oven until toasted.
- Hot sauce salad dressing. I'll mix hot sauce with with either blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- If I don't just top my vegetables with hot sauce I'll toss fresh vegetables in a pan with some oil, lime juice, and spoonful of hot sauce until cooked. I usually go for corn, peas, spinach, mushrooms, and squash. I'll use other vegetables depending on what's in season. Frozen vegetables also work if you toss them in frozen and cook them through.
- Egg, tuna, chicken, or tofu salad with hot sauce. Mix the egg/tuna/chicken/tofu with mayonnaise, pickle relish, and hot sauce. You can add anything else that you like, too. I often add fresh onion, pickled banana peppers, and minced garlic.
- Scrambled eggs with hot sauce. It's fine just to top eggs with hot sauce, but it's 100x better if you put the hot sauce in while cooking. Two eggs and a teaspoon or two of hot sauce is a good quick breakfast. You can also do this with tofu, too.

I think that's all I got. And since you like hot sauce, you should totally explore the world of curry.

“Peace is power”

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sriracha - March 30th 2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Querencia. View Post
I've made these before and they were really good; my brother devoured them. :P
This was good and these are good on salad and even plain.

I've made these and I didn't even get a single on before my brother and sister ate them all.

I've made something like this recipe except I used a cauliflower crust and didn't use the BBQ sauce.

You can also use it in stuffed mushrooms and they taste amazing.

This recipe was also fairly good as a starting point. I personally ommitted the fish sauce and peanut oil and added some other veggies.

You can make your own hummus as well and it tastes away better than the store bought stuff.
I love that all of these are vegan/vegetarian so I don't have to leave out anything! thank you so much for this!!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sriracha - March 30th 2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffel View Post
I love hot sauce. Sriracha is good, but my favorite brand is Cholula Hot Sauce (I don't know why it's better, but it is to me).

These are recipes that I have links for, but are just things I've learned along the way from either recipes or just experimenting. Pretty much all of these aren't vegetarian/vegan (you didn't specify if you were, so I'm sorry if you are!), but you can adjust most of these to any diet requirements and taste preferences. I also tend to not add salt to anything I cook because I cook for people who have high blood pressure, but you can add salt to things if you prefer it.

- Grilled cheese with hot sauce, avocado, and egg.
- Mac & cheese with hot sauce added with the cheese.
- Avocado and eggs on toast with hot sauce.
- Any type of burger with hot sauce mixed in before cooking (meat or veggie burgers, whatever you prefer).
- Rice with hot sauce. I put it in with the water when I cook it. Along with some garlic, onion, and pepper spices.
- For spaghetti, if I don't make homemade marinara sauce I'll just add a tablespoon of hot sauce to a small jar of store bought sauce. If it's homemade, I just skip the red pepper and cayenne pepper seasonings and substitute it with hot sauce.
- Hot sauce mixed in with mayonnaise, ketchup, or plain greek yoghurt as an improved condiment.
- This is a recipe, per se, but I like to add hot sauce to ramen noodles (or any kind of soup) because I am a broke college student.
- Garlic bread made with hot sauce. Mix hot sauce, minced garlic (I buy this pre-minced in a jar because it's cheaper and lasts longer), and melted butter. Then brush the mixture onto your choice of bread and top with parmesan cheese before broiling it in an oven until toasted.
- Hot sauce salad dressing. I'll mix hot sauce with with either blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- If I don't just top my vegetables with hot sauce I'll toss fresh vegetables in a pan with some oil, lime juice, and spoonful of hot sauce until cooked. I usually go for corn, peas, spinach, mushrooms, and squash. I'll use other vegetables depending on what's in season. Frozen vegetables also work if you toss them in frozen and cook them through.
- Egg, tuna, chicken, or tofu salad with hot sauce. Mix the egg/tuna/chicken/tofu with mayonnaise, pickle relish, and hot sauce. You can add anything else that you like, too. I often add fresh onion, pickled banana peppers, and minced garlic.
- Scrambled eggs with hot sauce. It's fine just to top eggs with hot sauce, but it's 100x better if you put the hot sauce in while cooking. Two eggs and a teaspoon or two of hot sauce is a good quick breakfast. You can also do this with tofu, too.

I think that's all I got. And since you like hot sauce, you should totally explore the world of curry.

These sound good too! Thank you!
Also, curry is the bomb so I know what you're talking about

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Sriracha - March 30th 2017, 02:48 AM

Sriracha and mayonnaise is amazing.

I don't do a lot with sriracha since I don't buy it often. But, you can just add it on top of food and it is pretty good. I bought some recently and have been putting it on top of everything.

Also, Cholula Hot sauce is by far superior to sriracha!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Sriracha - March 30th 2017, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallonRose View Post
I love that all of these are vegan/vegetarian so I don't have to leave out anything! thank you so much for this!!
Whoops. I forgot to mention that there's no meat lol. Everyone in my family doesn't eat meat and due to allergies we don't do cheese or eggs lol. So you can do meat versions if you want!
Also, it's good with chicken strips (we use non meat ones)
I forgot to mention garlic and hot sauce fries. We toss some potato wedges in a little bit of oil, garlic and sriracha (or hot sauce lol) and then bake them.

Also either mashed potato or cauliflower mashed potatoes with sriracha is also good as is tofu scrambles or frittatas.

You can also check out this link as I use it to base some of my récipes off of.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sriracha - March 30th 2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Querencia. View Post

Whoops. I forgot to mention that there's no meat lol. Everyone in my family doesn't eat meat and due to allergies we don't do cheese or eggs lol. So you can do meat versions if you want!
Also, it's good with chicken strips (we use non meat ones)
I forgot to mention garlic and hot sauce fries. We toss some potato wedges in a little bit of oil, garlic and sriracha (or hot sauce lol) and then bake them.

Also either mashed potato or cauliflower mashed potatoes with sriracha is also good as is tofu scrambles or frittatas.

You can also check out this link as I use it to base some of my récipes off of.
Nah I don't eat meat that's why I was excited that all the recipes didn't have meat!

Closed Thread