TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Food and Recipes (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/)
-   -   Coconut (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/t154810-coconut/)

better-than-ecstasy February 3rd 2018 11:29 PM

Coconut

I've been on a huge coconut kick lately. So if anyone has any coconut recipes please share them with me.

matthewmatters February 4th 2018 05:09 PM

Re: Coconut

when i saw the thread on coconuts i thought i should just ask if anyone likes drinking their milk? the coconut itself would be a good healthy thing too of course

daisy_jam February 4th 2018 09:32 PM

Coconut yogurt is my absolute favourite at the moment!

DeletedAccount69 February 4th 2018 11:31 PM

I don't, personally, have any recipes but a few coconut treats that I enjoy are Coconut Macaroons. Google it for a recipe. I am hesitant to include the one I want to try because it comes with calorie content and I don't want to inadvertently trigger people.

I also really like these Magic Cookie Bars and there are a ton of recipes. The one I've tried (back when I was a kid) was by Eagle Brand. My boyfriend's mom makes these and adds butterscotch chips which adds an amazing element.

Are you looking for savory dishes? I know that Thai Curry tends to be made with Coconut Milk and that tends to be really good. The coconut flavor isn't strong but it does add an amazing element to the dish which is one of the reasons I think I prefer Thai Curry over other curries.

Hope you are able to find a recipe you enjoy!

MsNobleEleanor February 12th 2018 02:28 PM

I don't have any coconut recipes but I do know you can use coconut for different things.

You can use coconut oil to cook with, use on toast, on any veggies (substitute to other oils)
You can also use the coconut oil in your hair when you shower. It's also good for the skin.

Coconut water with pulp is good. Yogurt is also very yummy.

I know you can use coconut when you bake treats and roll balls in it. You can also make chocolate baked treats with coconut.

You can also make coconut spicy soup. I believe you add the coconut flavor in soap and add spices if you'd like.

Coconut shrimp. Where you deep fry shrimp with dry coconut, you would need to use dip shrimp into eggs and a flour mix of coconut.

You can also make a variety of coconut sauces for rice, chicken or stir fry.

You can also add it into smoothies the oil or the dry coconut. You can also toast coconut to add it to anything like salads, baked treats, soup, or meals like rice/chicken.

I hope this was a little helpful. I don't know a ton of receipt but I know ways you can use coconut.

JacquelineGatto October 19th 2020 02:00 PM

I make homemade raffaello coconut almond balls after differents recipes to make experiments.:)

DeletedAccount53 February 20th 2021 10:52 PM

Tealyra sell a special 'Coconut Vanilla Chai ' made with red rooibos, a type of herb more than a tea. We bought some this afternoon. It was redolent of coconut, but also perfumed with aromatic vanilla, the real stuff. It was glorious! :D

Dawn. February 21st 2021 10:00 AM

I love coconut. It's not so much as a recipe but coconut water is great! :D

DeletedAccount53 February 25th 2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight. (Post 1362980)
I love coconut. It's not so much as a recipe but coconut water is great! :D

I love coconut water, too! To get to it I use the corkscrew on my Victorinox Swiss Army Knife to drill down into the soft 'eye' of the coconut and pull it out in one piece, and then either tip the coconut back to glug, or slurp via a straw. Isn't it so refreshing on a hot summer's day? Or any day. Coconuts are still cheap especially in outdoor markets, too.