Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar
   Halloween Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Share your Recipes! - April 14th 2018, 01:20 PM

I bet you have a family favourite that we would love to try out, and what better opportunity than share it here? I'll start the ball rolling with a family favourite so popular that it's made nearly every week!

Lick The Knife Clean Chocolate Spread originates from: https://www.sugarhero.com/lick-the-k...colate-spread/

Real chocolate spread without that nasty oil is hard to find, but this recipe will beat the pants off nutella and takes just 10 minutes to prepare!

Ingredients
1/4 cup water
3.5 oz granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon bourban vanilla extract
4 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
5 oz unsalted butter softened and cubed

In a small saucepan, combine the water, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
Place the pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar and cocoa powder dissolve.
Continue to heat the pan, stirring frequently, just until it reaches a simmer.
Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla extract, chopped chocolate, and cubed butter.
Whisk until the chocolate and butter melt and the mixture is completely smooth.
When it's freshly made, this spread will have the consistency of hot fudge sauce.
Pour the spread into a jar or other container with a lid.
Press a layer of plastic wrap on top of the chocolate to prevent a skin from forming, and refrigerate it until it thickens.
If it's too cold to spread easily, let it sit at room temperature for a short while before serving.
Store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. But it won't last that long.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Re: Share your Recipes! - April 16th 2018, 04:24 AM

A snack I like is zucchini chips. For me, I normally just added salt to mine but you can probably do whatever seasoning.

All you need is zucchini, olive oil, and whatever seasonings you want such as salt. You have to cut the zucchini thinly and coat them with olive oil and sprinkle the slices with your seasonings. Then you bake them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

I wasn't sure how long to preheat them for but a recipe on Allrecipes says 375 degrees F and cook for 20 minutes. They'll be done when they're browned, so if you cut the slices thicker it'll take longer.

When I was in my dorm my friend and I used to make these in the microwave! You have to watch them more closely though and flip them every so often.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Share your Recipes! - April 16th 2018, 04:29 PM

I don't have the exact measurements because I eyeball it but here is a recipe:

Sausage Pasta Bake:

1 Package of Italian Hot sausage --- You can use as much as you want. I tend to use more since I like sausage.
1-2 cans of Alfredo sauce -- I use the canned kind but if you wanted to you could probably do homemade.
1 lb pasta
Parmesan cheese

Boil water and cook the pasta. Set the pasta to the side after it is done.
Cook the sausage till browned. This should be done in a separate pan from the pasta.
Once everything is cooked put the sausage in with the pasta and add the Alfredo sauce. You can mix in Parmesan as well. I don't always do this but some people like it with the Parmesan mixed in. Stir everything together. You want the pasta and sausage mixture to wet so that it doesn't dry in the oven. Usually a can or two works.
Put it into a pan or casserole dish. Put some Parmesan on top. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees. You cook it until the cheese is melted. I think it cooks for about 30 minutes.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Re: Share your Recipes! - April 18th 2018, 10:02 PM

Those recipes look simply wonderful and I will try them as soon as we come home - I can't wait! Many thanks for sharing them.

Now, midweek and you come home tired from a busy day and don't feel much like cooking; I know the feeling well. So you look in the fridge and lo and behold, see a pack of bacon. And you have a large loaf of brown wholewheat bread, like Hovis.

Bacon Sarnies for 2 people. What could be simpler and more delicious, especially when you're not up to cooking?

You'll need:
16 rashers of streaky bacon (smoked or unsmoked), the best quality you can buy. Like thick cut butcher's bacon.
a large wholewheat loaf or a Hovis - 4 long slices*
Tomato ketchup or HP Sauce

Gently fry your bacon, not too fast or the rashers will harden; about medium heat. Get them nicely browned both sides, but soft when you bit into them
While the bacon is doing, cut your loaf lengthways. Yep - lengthways*
Pop each end into the toaster and when browned to your liking, flip the other ends in
By which time your bacon is nearly done.
Butter your toast, OR, use the bacon dripping instead
Divide the bacon between two of the pieces of the hot buttered toast - 8 pigging rashers each! Wow what a sight!
Add ketchup (or HP sauce), then top with the remaining slices of bread, butter-side down
Press them down with your hands
Cut in half, transfer to a plate and tuck in. Yum!