TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Food and Recipes (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/)
-   -   What foods do you crave around your period? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/t161345-what-foods-do-you-crave-around-your-period/)

hocus pocus February 28th 2021 05:20 PM

What foods do you crave around your period?

I couldn't decide where I wanted to put this. If you crave foods around your cycle, what are they? Do you have a favorite thing you always want?

This month I have wanted a lot of chocolate and sweet things, but especially chocolate which is weird because I am not usually like that. I typically go for salty and savory foods and my go to around my period is a burger and fries. Sometimes onion rings or potato chips as well.

I've learned to let myself have some of it because otherwise I won't stop thinking about it.

Silvan February 28th 2021 08:19 PM

Re: What foods do you crave around your period?

I don't crave any special foods usually. If I do, it's something salty like cheese :) I've heard many times that some women eat a lot of chocolate or other sweets, but it doesn't apply to me.

Kate* February 28th 2021 10:25 PM

I love chocolate, but given a choice, I'll almost always go for salty over sweet. Unless I'm near my period, then I want chocolate.

Rivière March 3rd 2021 09:34 PM

Anything with heavy carbohydrates. Usually things that involve sugar in it or more salt.

I can't say I have a favourite. I just become a portable food bin and eat whatever. :nosweat:

Stacey March 4th 2021 03:19 PM

Chips or ice cream (vegan Ben and Jerry's in particular) and it's incredibly difficult to not eat a whole bag or container at a time.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Ennui. March 4th 2021 07:19 PM

Carbs. I crave salt more like in chips but also ice cream and cookies haha.
Haven’t had a period in over a year now thanks to the implant thoooo

Dawn. March 7th 2021 08:08 AM

I don't crave anything is such as I just eat more around my period. :bleh:

DeletedAccount71 March 11th 2021 04:29 PM

Chocolate and my special nachos: nacho cheese flavored Doritos, cheddar cheese, and sliced green olives. It sounds awful but it's the best!

Sprite-1 March 14th 2021 01:53 PM

Savoury then sweet, such as a rich chocolate pudding for dessert made with thick cream, lots of good dark chocolate and eggs beaten in to enrich the pud. Or our favourite Black Bottom Hazelnut pie using Swiss chocolate.

For main course, nothing satisfies pre-menses than potato dauphinoise. I add sliced red onion (or any onion, white or yellow depending what's at hand) in-between the potato layers to make it tastier and top off the gratin with grated cheese, again, whatever we've got. Rich in carbohydrates, potato dauphinoise is deeply comforting. Of course, Wendi will eat it with bacon. Or bacon anything. :hehe:

My sisters and I share a love for French macarons or cookies and brownies.

Or fish and chips if the shop's open. This means haddock and chips liberally sprinkled with malt vinegar and salt.

But if it's Hanukkah it'll be potato latkes, and kugel, the latter that can be made savoury or sweet.

Liqued July 23rd 2021 08:54 PM

I'll keep it in mind.

Sapphire914 January 16th 2023 06:19 AM

Historically I've craved chocolate.