TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

home made shepards pie - August 8th 2009, 06:46 PM

Hey guys,
I thought i would share my famous [ well famous in my county anyway :P ] Shepards pie or cottage pie recpie with you all.
If anyone wants to add their own home made bits 'n' bobs, go for it, it could be our little TH cook book

Mags's shepards pie.

Prep time : 35 mins
cooking time : 45

Ingreadients:

2 lbs of ROUND mince. [ round is very important for this recipie because regurar mince just doesn't go right with it ]
6 large potatoes
5 mushrooms
1 half onion
2 peppers
3-5 tbs of tomato ketchup
9 drops of worchester sauce
oxo vegetable cube

1- Peal potatoes and put them on to boil/steam
2 - Put some oil into a pan and let it heat for about 10 seconds. Add the meat bit by bit untill its all in.
3 - While the meat is cooking, you can begin to prep the veggies. Wash them and cut them all into small pieces. Make sure you keep an eye on your mince while you are doing this and mix the meat and turn it to make sure it is all getting cooked.
4- Once the meat is brown through and through, you can add your veggies. Put them all in together at once and give it a mix so a bit of every vegetable is everywhere.
5 - Add your oxo, ketchup and worshester sauce. Turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
6 - Once both the meat and potatoes are cooked. Take the meat first and put it into your serving dish [ I'll post the kinda dish you need at the end of this] . When you have the meat in the dish you can get to mashing te potaoes. Add about half cup of milk and some butter [ no spreadable butter, but cooking butter] and mash like crazy . Here you can add some more onions or scallions if you like.
7- Now using a spoon, spoon on the potatoes on top of the meat in the dish. No worries about fixing it yet, just spoon it on in piles until you have almost covered the meat. Now using the back of your spoon, spread out the potatoes untill they are looks totally flat on top. Get yourself a fork and drag the spokes along the top [ the more of this you do, the more chrispy it will be ]
8 - Now stick it in your ovan at 180 for 35 minutes and then bring it up to 220 for the last 10
9 - serve and enjoy

Is lovely with a green salad.

If you try it, let me know how it goes

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: home made shepards pie - August 9th 2009, 09:06 AM

Ooh thanks for sharing. I absolutely frickin' love Shepherds Pie so I'm definitely going to give this a whirl. I'll be sure to let you know how it all goes!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: home made shepards pie - August 11th 2009, 08:40 PM

I LOVE shephards pie so much I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. I would post my recipe on here, but I'm constantly changing it. It's so nice with cheddar in the mashed potato and sprinkled on top =] I'm craving shephards pie so bad right now lol

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: home made shepards pie - August 11th 2009, 08:42 PM

I love shepards pie, I will definatly be trying this recipe
I like it with a crispy top as well. And then juicy mince....hmmmmm

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,