TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 07:54 PM

I know there have been threads about this before but I just wanted to know a few thinks...

Right now I am drinking a Monster (the blue one), which that and Rockstar are the only ones I have ever had. I wanted to know which ones, you all think are the best?

And... I heard that they aren't good for you, but what do you guys think? Are they really that bad for you?

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 08:10 PM

If I really feel like I need one... then I like the coffee flavored ones. Full Throttle, Rockstar and Starbucks all have them. Yummm

But, yes they really are that bad for you! They are packed with tons and tons of sugar,calories and caffeine. Monster has 26g of sugar per serving... you should be getting more than 22g a day. I also heard they have as much caffeine as six cups of coffee... way too much!

So I'd definitely limit my intake on these... sugary drinks are just bad news all together.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 08:22 PM

MONSTER!!! lmao its the one i drink the most, i'll drink any of the Monster kind except the blue one i've also had Amp'd, Rockstar, Venom, No Fear, Red Bull, nd Bawls. I happen to LOVE energy drinks, so if i ever find one i havent had before,ill try it.

i use to drink like a Monster everyday(the green kind), but then i had to change it to like 2/3 a week(my doctor figured out im hypoglycemic so,tho it doesnt really change my energy drink intake much lol).

yea, poeple(mainly dotors) say that energy drinks are REALLY BAD for you, but ummm, i get they have ALOT of sugar in them and that guranna crap in it, but, whats the real difference between an energy drink and soda??? i mean besides the fact that an energy drink gives you more nergy than a soda,but still. i really do NOT see energy drinks as that bad for a person.

~Brookie/Brooke

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 08:26 PM

Monster/Rockstar/Redbull all make me feel sick.. Monster though is the better one. They are bad for you though..

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 08:43 PM

The reason they're bad for you is because if you drink one and then do something that's physically exerting and increases your heart rate, you can have heart failure.

The energy drink speeds up your heart rate. Then lets say you go play a sport. Playing the sport will increase your heart rate more, and then when the effects of the energy drink wear off, your heart will try to keep going at the same rate it was running at. This is incredibly stressful on your heart, and you can suffer from heart failure.

I'm not saying that's definitely going to happen, I'm just saying that it's a risk factor that a lot of people don't know about.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 09:01 PM

I love energy drinks, and have an addiction to them.

I've tried various flavours of Monster, Rockstar, Mountain Dew Amped, NOS, Throwdown, Inked, BooKoo, etc. Out of all those, my favorites would have to be Rockstar Punched (THE VERY BEST), then Monster M-80 (Yellow), NOS Grape, Regular Monster, Amped (all I've tried have been good), and yeah. But, Rockstar Punched is, hands-down, my absolute favorite, and the one I usually choose above everything else.

As far as the health risks, well, everything in moderation, really. ANYTHING is bad for you if you consume too much, even vegetables have the potential to be bad in excess. So as long as you've got a mostly healthy lifestyle, I don't see the problem with having an energy drink or two on occasion.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Elliee Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 09:12 PM

I drink too much energy drink, lol.. I usually have relentless (original) or rockstar, cos the others don't have such a big affect on me, but a few sips of the others and I'm bouncing off walls..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Energy Drinks - March 26th 2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x View Post
yea, poeple(mainly dotors) say that energy drinks are REALLY BAD for you, but ummm, i get they have ALOT of sugar in them and that guranna crap in it, but, whats the real difference between an energy drink and soda??? i mean besides the fact that an energy drink gives you more nergy than a soda,but still. i really do NOT see energy drinks as that bad for a person.
Yeah, because doctors totally don't know what they are talking about...

They aren't any better than soda, that's the point. Sugary drinks are horrible for you. They don't hydrate you, they have no nutrition, and they're packed with things that destroy you're body. Like others have said, they are ok in moderation... but one energy drink is more sugar than you should have in one day like I said.

I don't want to sound rude, but so many people think its ok to stuff themselves with junk food. You get no nutrition from any of this, and all it does is cause diabetes, heart disease, among many other nasty diseases. Just reconsider what you are giving your body to live off of....

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Energy Drinks - March 27th 2010, 01:39 PM

I love Relentless and Red Bull. I have a Red Bull every day at about 7.30 in the morning on my way to college. Sometimes makes me a bit shaky and makes my eyes go weird which probably isn't a good sign, but it wakes me up.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Arie. Offline
Olive you :D
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Energy Drinks - March 27th 2010, 02:22 PM

I only drink Gatorade or Powerade, the others are nastyyyyy.

I hope you have the strength to start all over again.- F.Scott Fitzgerald
  Send a message via MSN to Arie.  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: Energy Drinks - March 27th 2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
Yeah, because doctors totally don't know what they are talking about...

They aren't any better than soda, that's the point. Sugary drinks are horrible for you. They don't hydrate you, they have no nutrition, and they're packed with things that destroy you're body. Like others have said, they are ok in moderation... but one energy drink is more sugar than you should have in one day like I said.

I don't want to sound rude, but so many people think its ok to stuff themselves with junk food. You get no nutrition from any of this, and all it does is cause diabetes, heart disease, among many other nasty diseases. Just reconsider what you are giving your body to live off of....

dude, i know doctors know what theyre talking about,seriously i do(im guna b a doctor sooo) im jus saying, if energy drinks are soooo bad for you according to them,why arent sodas and stuff like that such a big deal,thats all i was trying to say,really.

~Brookie/Brooke

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Energy Drinks - March 27th 2010, 09:19 PM

I don't drink them anymore as too much caffeine gives me panic attacks I liked the taste of red bull though.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: Energy Drinks - March 27th 2010, 09:35 PM

I drink the Low-Carb Monster(I think that's blue?) and I've had Redbull, Rockstar, and Amped before.
The Low-Carb Monster is my favorite.
They aren't good for you. One time I drank 6 Redbulls in 2 hours. I don't recommend that.
And, I know someone who had heart complications from drinking too many energy drinks in a certain amount of time.

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Energy Drinks - March 28th 2010, 06:25 AM

Energy drinks don't work for me, they usually work the other way around. The green Monster one helps me fall asleep, I haven't drank one in along time but I will usually drink one if i can't go to sleep

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Energy Drinks - March 28th 2010, 09:45 AM

I hate the way energy drinks taste.
My dad used to be addicted to Red Bull.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: Energy Drinks - March 29th 2010, 05:56 PM

I love energy drinks, but don't drink them that often. :P My favorite one though would have to be the blue Rockstar, I can't think of the name, haha. Jolt has a good black cherry energy drink as well. =D

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#17 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Energy Drinks - March 30th 2010, 10:23 AM

I've only ever had Redbull and V. I like them. Have them rarely though. Craving some now and I wanna try the other brands.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Energy Drinks - March 30th 2010, 05:42 PM

I've never tried any. Usually I'm energized up and don't need anything to help me.
Maybe I'll try one one of these days.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Energy Drinks - March 30th 2010, 06:05 PM

I sometimes drink energy drinks, such as Monster, Amp, Full Throttle or Rockstar. I tried Red Bull and not a fan of its taste nor am I a fan of 5-hour energy. They are unhealthy for you but drinking them occassionally when tired, such as getting to bed late and having an early morning 3-hour lecture is fine to me. If you're drinking several per day or anywhere close to that, then I think that's where you get problems.

Quote:
dude, i know doctors know what theyre talking about,seriously i do(im guna b a doctor sooo) im jus saying, if energy drinks are soooo bad for you according to them,why arent sodas and stuff like that such a big deal,thats all i was trying to say,really.

~Brookie/Brooke
I'm assuming you're not in college nor university, and if you are, you're in first-year for something to do with medicine and/or pharmacology.

Look at the differences in ingredients between soda and energy drinks. Energy drinks may have extremely high amounts of certain vitamins and amino acids (i.e. 5-hour energy), they may have certain medicinal ingredients (i.e. taurine and ginseng), they have caffeine and/or guarna. The list goes on and on. Soda lacks many if not all of those things, hence, it's not a problem for that reason. For example, 5-hour energy can give you a niacin flush... soda has no chance in hell of doing that unless someone spikes your drink something fierce.

I don't know how else to explain it to you, other than telling you to look at a can of soda and energy drink to compare the differences in ingredients and nutritional values. If you're still confused, then I don't know how to explain it any other way.

Think about it like this: soda has sugars, flavourings, carbonated water and some colouring. Energy drinks have all that PLUS the medicinal ingredients PLUS the inflated amounts of certain vitamins and amino acids. Soda does not.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Energy Drinks - March 31st 2010, 01:42 AM

i personally don't like energy drinks. too much sugar, so they're really bad for you, far too much caffiene, which screws up your system, and to top it all off they taste like crap. so yeah, i'll stick with sparkling water.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Energy Drinks - March 31st 2010, 11:00 PM

I've never had one. They smell funny to me.
They aren't very good for you, kind of like soda.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Energy Drinks - March 31st 2010, 11:15 PM

I love Rockstar but I try not to drink them too often because if I have them then that night I'll be super tired and I'll feel sick.

Also, they are pretty bad for you but it's worse if you drink a couple within a short time period as they can cause heart attacks since they speed your heart up so much.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Energy Drinks - March 31st 2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:

~Brookie/Brooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x
First of all doctors say normal pop is bad for the health as well. And secondly it's probably the HIGH amounts of caffeine worse for you than other fizzy drinks, there is a LOT of it in most energy drinks, and caffeine is worse for the body than sugars, the body can deal with sugar more readily than caffeine.
It causes the body to be more alert, but it also puts it under a lot of stress, especially the heart. It can cause insomnia, head aches, anxiety as well as a lot of other things. It can KILL you.

Now, back to the topic, I generally drink rockstar or relentless, the seem to taste the nicest, if I'm low on funds I'll go for good old emerge =p

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Mizu-Kun Offline
People-Eater
Average Joe

Name: Saito

Re: Energy Drinks - April 1st 2010, 02:17 AM

I was off at a camp once, and managed to get so forgetful that I didn't realize I drank 3 Full Throttle in less than 24 hours. I had the worst headache ever, and haven't touched them since. That was over 4 years ago.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
wksbro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Energy Drinks - April 1st 2010, 03:01 AM

red bulls are good. if u do not drink them every 2 days it will be fine

Closed Thread