TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Drummer
Not a n00b

Name: Christine

my great-grandpa - April 14th 2009, 09:56 PM

tonite, my great grandpa is going to die...he is suffering with MERSA and w/e...he isnt gonna make it...he is in his late 80s....plz help me...i dont wanna be mad at God...i am struggling and now God is taking my great grandpa...y?idk wut to do anymore...

Whenever things go wrong, I ask why this had to happen to me....

Is life ever truly worth living without a meaning?

Love's not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
leanne123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Leanne

Re: my great-grandpa - April 14th 2009, 10:11 PM

Hey im really sorry to hear about your grand-pa. im not a strong believer in god, so i cant answer that question. but i know that u gotta stay strong for your grand-pa, and that it is normal to cry, and be upset. xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XC77 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Christopher O'Connel

Re: my great-grandpa - April 14th 2009, 10:12 PM

I know where you are comming from. I lost my granmother not to long ago and She was the best. I mostly got over lossing her by viewing her passing by being lucky to have known her and have loved her. Though I still miss her dearly I know that she is happy where ever she might be. Hang in there. where your Great-Grandfather is going, he wont suffer anymore and he can always be with you no matter where you go. If you need to talk you may PM me anytime. It also helped to talk to people about her. hang in there

Your Friendly Tech Guy,
-XC
  Send a message via AIM to XC77 Send a message via MSN to XC77  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I dare you.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: my great-grandpa - April 14th 2009, 10:39 PM

Hey there,
I lost my mom a few years back, I can totally relate to how you feel. It sucks, it really does. PM me and we'll talk. (:

- Jess.

;Jessica.
Baby, there's no gettin' over you.

Take my heart as you head for the door;
I won't be needing it anymore.

Softball:
Because when it comes to balls, bigger is better.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: my great-grandpa - April 15th 2009, 12:57 AM

Christine,

i can tell you're going through a lot. but just remember that your great grandpa is always going to be together with you.. he'll always be in your heart, supporting you wherever you go.He'll be sticking with you, and you know it.

in case you need anything. remember that everyone here is ready to support you, everytime.

i leave you with a quote:

those who love us and cherish us, will stay forever with us.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: my great-grandpa - April 15th 2009, 07:40 PM

Hey Christine. =]

My Grandfather also died from MRSA. I know how tough it is to come to terms with something like this. But you just have to hold on and be strong for your family, okay?

You're all going through the same thing right now, so you can support each other and understand the feelings you are experiencing.

It's natural to be angry at God at a time like this. I don't know why your God has chosen to take your Great Grandpa at this time, nobody knows. But what I do know is there is a reason for everything, and surely you don't what him suffering on, right?

Just be strong. I know it's hard when someone you're close to is seriously ill, but just hang in there. We're here for you anytime you need us. Always. I promise. You're not alone.

Take care of yourself.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: my great-grandpa - April 15th 2009, 10:46 PM

Hey there,
im really sorry to hear about what your going through. This must be really hard, but its only normal to feel the way you do. Make sure you talk to people about your feelings, dont hide away and dont go though this alone. We're all here to supprt you x

(#8 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: my great-grandpa - April 17th 2009, 05:56 PM

Hey,

You can get through this. I know it feels like you'll be broken forever but that just isn't true. It hurts hurts hurts to lose someone you love but healing is possible. By healing I don't mean burying all your feelings, bottling everything up, and hiding from what happened. Instead I mean accepting what happened, keeping his spirit alive, and cherishing his memory. I can understand why you would feel resentment towards god. It is okay to feel like that. After all it isn't fair when we lose someone and it's natural to place that anger on someone. Just know that he is still with you. In times of hardship turning to your religion can help give you the strength and energy to go on. Try to forgive him for taking your great grandpa. Everyone has a time to pass and no one lives forever. If you ever want to talk I am here for you. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread