TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kaytee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

RIP - April 17th 2009, 08:12 PM

Someone I knew killed himself yesterday. He was only 17, and it was completely unexpected. Even his closest friends had no idea. And what's worse is that a police officer, well a 'school resource officer' was the trigger. Getting joy out of making the guys cry. I don't know what he said to him, but I can only imagine, because usually he would just laugh at him, not kill himself. Oh God. People seem to be dropping like flies in my town, but I knew him best out of everyone else that has died. I'm breaking down. I already was depressed, and recently my depression has been getting worse, and now this happens. Really, I don't know if I can take it anymore. I'm trying to be strong and be there for everyone, but this has killed me. I'm falling apart and really broken, but I don't want to go see a therapist or anything. I just need...i don't know. I just don't know what to do... I'm so lost, yet I'm trying to pretend I'm okay. Oh God, I don't know what I'm gonna do, I don't know how I'm gonna survive this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: RIP - April 17th 2009, 09:13 PM

I'm so sorry Kaytee, It's awful when someone you know dies.

Whatever happens you must not in anyway blame yourself. Would your friend want you to hurt over what happened? Or would he want you to carry on with your life, to push through the dark times and come out the other side. Try and remember all the happy, funny times you had around him.

Stay strong for him, I'm sure he would have wanted you to look after yourself. You could always think about getting together with some of his other friends, I'm sure they're also feeling lost, sometimes it's easier to be strong together than it is to carry on alone. You don't need to talk to a therapist, but you could always talk to your friends, I'm sure they are feeling exactly the same.

PM me if you need anyone to talk to, I'm more than happy to listen. xo

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: RIP - April 19th 2009, 05:56 PM

Kaytee,

I too lost someone I loved to suicide. It was abrupt and I never expected it for a second. A lot of the time, people who are feeling that way don't want help so they hide what is going on with them from the people around them. I remember how it feels and it is immeasurable hurt. Do you want to inflict that same kind of hurt on your loved ones? Is this really worth leaving everything behind for? I know in dark times people tend to overlook all the good in their life. Try hard to hold on to the things that make you happy. During times like these your friends, your family, your healthy coping devices, possibly your religion, or joining a local support group are all things that might help you get through it. There is no wrong or right way to grieve so be patient with yourself. Don't be afraid to reach out to people. You can get through this. As much as it feels like it will never get better I assure you that the pain won't be this intense forever. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you. I have gone through a similar experience so I share your pain. Hang in there and find some ways to cope. I personally like to write letters and tie them to balloons so they float up to the people I've lost. I also write poetry to express my feeling and get exercise to relieve stress. Just try some new things and find out what helps you. Take care and hang in there. I am here for you if you need me.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread