TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*Confidence<3* Offline
Toast Lover
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caitie

It all Went so Fast Grandma. - April 19th 2009, 04:45 AM

On the last day of march my grandma had been rushed to the hospital in ambulence out of the blue. She had been fine the days before. When there the doctor informed us she would be lucky to make the night, that then changed to "It would be lucky if she made the next 4 hours. The family was called in and I didn't go which I now definetly regret not doing so. My grandma lasted untill 3:00am april 1. She was always a fighter. Although she had parkinsons disease, she was the strongest person I knew. On april 4 was her funeral and I'm still deeply hurt. I love her more than ever.
*I miss you grandma...You have no idea how much*

Free
Hugs
<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: It all Went so Fast Grandma. - April 19th 2009, 10:25 PM

Hey Caitie. =]

I'm really very sorry for your loss. Losing a Grandparent is such an awful thing to go through. But you'll be okay, everything will be okay. You won't ever ''get over'' her, but you will learn to accept what has happened, and to move on. Your Grandma isn't suffering anymore. She's safe- wherever you personally believe she may be.

Try to focus on the positives. You are lucky to have known such an amazing woman, and you got many years with her! Not as much as you would have liked, but you still had a long time. Strive to be strong like your Grandma. You're lucky to have the chance to know such a fighter, and that can only influence your life in a good way.

I know it's horrible not having her anymore, but she's only physically gone. You still have all the wonderful memories and she'll be with you for the rest of your life.

Stay strong. Everything will be okay. PM me if you ever need to talk, I'm more than happy to listen.

Closed Thread