TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pinka_Swirls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beth

Always Will Be 17 - March 12th 2013, 12:07 AM

I wrote this a while ago when I was feeling all down. I needed to get her on paper and let everyone know that once upon a time there lived a young girl named Allie...who wanted so much to live.

Always Will Be 17

Her native name is Charlesa Aleshaunnee, but everyone just called her “Allie”. Allie was a 17 year old with a fierce, passionate and loyal heart. Her closest friends called her Allie butt butt because she LOVED to dance. Her choice of dance was hip hop club scene and boy could she move! The life of the party, Allie knew how to have a good time. Allie was the second oldest, since her older brother Jamie was away at school she kind of took over the older sibling role. She took the role seriously; you dare mess with her younger siblings! Watch out, she can bite! Actually come to think of it, if you dare mess with anyone she associated with especially her family then watch out! I remember one time Allie and her friends were sitting on her porch and these girls came up to them saying they wished to speak to Jamie. They conversed for a few minutes then out of nowhere Allie gets up off the porch and yells in the one girls face to “Effing leave this property or you will become the next stone we walk across” We all found out later that the one girl threatened to beat her brother; Jamie up.

Allie’s humor was what sticks out most to me. She had all these one liners that she literally would think off the top of her head right there and then. One time she was looking out the window of her house and saw this really hot looking guy. She walked onto her porch and yelled out “Twenty Dollar, Make Ya Holla”

Allie could at times be a little cheeky. She saw this hat a guy was wearing Got her broother's bike, went around the block and then came back to her house. On top of her head was the hat. When asked how she got it she told everyone that she sped up to the guy and took it off his head and then peddled as fast as she could down the street. Everyone laughed it off and warned her that if he comes looking for it they won’t help her out; he never came back for it.

Allie was planning on attending a College in the same city as her brother Jamie. I supposed looking back now All of us would have been "Roomies" Allie wanted to study the Culinary Arts. Food was a passion o hers. She could make a delicious Lasagna! Most importantly Allie wanted to be closer to her brother and enjoy what life had to offer outside of her little world. She was so excited to be moving on in her life and making something of herself. I remember her saying she wanted to own her own restaurant.

Indeed Allie was a girl who people looked up to, myself being one of them. I admired her fierce protectiveness, her wiliness to stand up to people no matter what it cost her, her determined mind, her wit, character, beauty. Allie certainly seemed to have quite a bright future ahead of her.

That all ended on the night of November 24 2006.

Allie had gone to a party out in the country, it was around 11 at night, and her curfew was an hour ago. Allie and a friend called a cab. This is where the story gets a little tricky. Tricky because why would both 17 year old girls get kicked out of the cab on a cold, foggy, November night, in the middle of the country? Why would no one let them into their houses to call Allie’s mother to come get them? The only choice they had was to walk to a nearest pay phone which was about a mile in a little town. Unfortunately a car stopped them from getting to that town. Allie saw the car, pushed her friend out of the way, her friend crashed into a ditch, broke both of her legs and severely crushed her knee. Allie got directly hit by the car. She died instantly. Allie was 17, always will be 17.

November 30, 2006 was her funeral. One of the hardest events I had to attend. I am the best friend of the older brother Jamie. They were very close. I will always remember where I was (Walking by a poplar tree) when I heard Allie had died. Months earlier I had attended a carnival with Jamie. I won two small care bears. One was the blue rainbow bear. The other was the green lucky bear. I gave him the green one. Jamie in turn gave it to Allie, as Allie loved anything to do with “Luck” She actually wanted to get a tattoo with a shamrock and some native feathers wrapped around it, her mother now has that tattoo.

It was an opened casket. I walked up to say my final goodbyes and there was the green care bear. As you can imagine I started crying, insane crying. Jamie had to wipe the tears out of my eyes. When we hugged I swear something in me changed.

Never a day goes by that I don’t think of her, she would be 24 now. What her life would be like I wonder? Everyone has grown up, her friends and family. Her friends all have babies of their own now; they have careers and are married. I can't help but feel slightly mad that Allie can't enjoy everything that her friends and family enjoy. Yet I know that wherever she is, she's laughing, smiling and most importantly Dancing.

Beth

Live, Laugh, Love

Don't Let Your Character Change Color With Your Environment, Find Out Who You Are And Let It Stay It's True Color - Rachel Scott

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Temperance Offline
I'm so done with it all...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess :)

Re: Always Will Be 17 - March 12th 2013, 02:34 AM

I'm very sorry for both your and her brother's losses.

It's very difficult to think of a life that was just beginning never having a chance to live. Sadly for whatever reason, her time was finished. she will live on in your heart and the hearts of all those she touched. Six years isn't nearly enough time to get past the loss of someone so young.

Just remember that she's watching over you and wants to see you happy and living the life she never could <3

Stay strong

~We're all misfits living in a world on fire~

Butterfly, don't fly away on me yet

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Always Will Be 17 - March 12th 2013, 12:57 PM

Wow... This really touched me and actually got me teary. That's so sad. Nobody deserves to die at such a young age... I'm so sorry, to her, her family and you. My heart goes out to all of you. Remember that she's in your heart, she's always with you and watching over you. She'll always love you so much and wants you to be happy. <3

Stay Strong <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Always Will Be 17 - March 12th 2013, 08:09 PM

I am really sorry to hear about the loss; and I'm extremely sorry to hear that the loss came at that kind of age, and under that type of environment/circumstances.

I am always here if you ever need to talk/vent.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread